VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic And A House

teejay53

Question

hi all;

i was asked a question by someone and i can't find the answer online. hopefully you can help me with it.

a lady i was talking to about a week ago asked me this. she gets dic from the va and social security retirement. she has the opportunity to buy 3 cheap houses with a partner (somewhere around $5,000 each) will this make her dic stop or decrease it or change her retirement? the houses are in missouri and she lives in oklahoma.

i am hoping someone can help me with this question so i can share it with her.

thank you for your help.

tj

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I used to work for real estate lawyers.

My advise is for her to get a good real estate lawyer ASAP.

A quit claim deed might be her best bet,if a lawyer familiar with her situation has advised this , but it is difficult to know the answer to this question:

"she asked me if this will keep her out of being involved in any problems concerning the 2 houses her name is on."

She needs a lawyer to answer that. There are no real estate lawyers here at hadit.

I just changed my mind about my post but I could not delete it.

I don't want it passed on to anyone or misinterpreted.

These are questions for a real estate attorney and not for us here at hadit.

hi all;

thank you for your advise. the lady said she went this morning and filed the quit claim deeds on the 2 houses.

she said she called and asked a legal aide and was told to file quit claim deeds asap and since the houses closed very recently (i believe she said within the past month) there would be no issue and no obligation since the little houses were bought with cash and no mortgage was there and no one had gotten injured before she transferred her interest in the property to her friend.

you know, you learn something new every day.

all have a blessed day.

teejay

:smile: