VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Appeal Questions

Rate this question

2vetsin1home

Question

I first filed my claim for PTSD in Oct. 2007 along with other items. It was denied along with some of the others. then the rest goes like this for the PTSD:

05/30/2008Local VA Office Decision RO 06/01/2009Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 06/09/2009Appeal Pending BVA 11/13/2009Statement of the Case (SOC) RO 11/20/2009Substantive Appeal (Form 9) So then the new regs came out and I just was recently told I needed to send in something stating that I wanted a re-review of my information due to the new regs.

I called the VA yesterday and they said that someone (a rater) is what I was told had looked at the file and I should be receiving a SSOC by the end of the month but that is all he would tell me.

Long story short I was denied because I was a female, yes I can say that because more or less that is what I was told in 2008, and they said I couldn't prove my PTSD was combat related. I was thrown out of my bed my an RPG.. I was at ABU Ghraib for a year (the year after all the abuse came out) so we bore the wrath of their true hatred with the news came out and were bombed on a daily basis and at that time in the war had two of the deadliest months during that year while I was there. I had given them buddy statements have given them news articles about it, diagnosed by outside the VA by 2 different docs as well as by the VA and I am still currently being treated by the VA

Will the SSOC be a good thing? as before I requested the re-review I was waiting on a video hearing since November 2009.... What should I expect?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet