VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, Still No Copy Of C & P Exam

Rate this question

JuanP

Question

Well, I took my C&P exam Dec. 6th, requested a copy on Dec 7th and as of today (Feb. 15th 2011) I still don't have a copy.

I called yesterday, and they told my that it will be done in the order it was received. Frustrating!

I got word about two weeks ago that they have denied my claim for my neck and back. (I'm going to a different forum to discuss that)

But for now, I'm just voicing my frustration over that.

My next step, may be to drive to St. Pete (from Orlando) to show up in person and request copies of my two C&P exams as well as my C-File. I don't know, is this allowed? Does it work?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, I took my C&P exam Dec. 6th, requested a copy on Dec 7th and as of today (Feb. 15th 2011) I still don't have a copy.

I called yesterday, and they told my that it will be done in the order it was received. Frustrating!

I got word about two weeks ago that they have denied my claim for my neck and back. (I'm going to a different forum to discuss that)

But for now, I'm just voicing my frustration over that.

My next step, may be to drive to St. Pete (from Orlando) to show up in person and request copies of my two C&P exams as well as my C-File. I don't know, is this allowed? Does it work?

I had my C&P exams here in San Antonio at one of the VA satellite clinics. After a few weeks I went to the Audie Murphy VA hospital FOIA office here in San Antonio and signed release forms to obtain the C&P exam reports. They gave them to me at that time, but if time did not allow they would have mailed them out to me. Now if you had your exams at a QTC or contracted clinic those copies you can get from your RO. I guess it depends on where you had your C&P exams.

68mustang

68mustang

JuanP,

Yes, don't go to the St.Pete RO for it -

Do GO to the Bay Pines VAMC next door at the hospital side

ground floor Release of Information office to request these

if you want to do it in person.

I know you can get your VAMC records from them.

I am not actually sure if you can get a complete copy of your c - file from them,

I don't remember - that probably might need to be done thru the VARO which is next door.

I think I've seen it posted before that this can be done via fax.

Great Carlie! Thanks and I called just to make sure and by golly she told me right where to go. Thank you. Fingers crossed as this is $50 in gas that I didn't need to spend, lol

JuanP,

Yes, don't go to the St.Pete RO for it -

Do GO to the Bay Pines VAMC next door at the hospital side

ground floor Release of Information office to request these

if you want to do it in person.

I know you can get your VAMC records from them.

I am not actually sure if you can get a complete copy of your c - file from them,

I don't remember - that probably might need to be done thru the VARO which is next door.

I think I've seen it posted before that this can be done via fax.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a runaround about getting a copy of a C&P from the VARO and the VAMC that conducted the C&P.

Finally, I was able to get a printed copy at my local VA clinic! (A contract operation, no less!) Once the C&P makes it into your electronic file, a VA medical clinic should have access.

The only fly in the ointment was that the clinic's software did not properly format columns of data that were associated with test results.

I assume that tab settings on the original vs the clinic's were the source of the problem.

It also has to do with conversion of formatted documents into text documents, since I also see this sort of thing when I convert a text file to a word file or the other way around.

Foiled again!!! Let me tell you all right now that the VA in Florida ain't right in the head!

I went to Bay Pines ROI and after about 25 min in the waiting room I "luckily" drew the same woman I had talked to earlier that morning on the phone, Cherry. Well, Cherry went to clicking away, and yes she remembered me, and then looked up at me and said "Are you registered here at Bay Pines?". Well of coarse I told her no,and then she proceeded to tell me the same thing. Told me that she couldn't give me a copy of my C & P exam because I wasn't registered at that VAMC.

So I take that to mean that if I were registered at Bay Pines then she could print out my C & P exam. Which makes me even more suspicious of the rules in Orlando. Why is it OK at Bay Pines but not in Orlando?

She told me she was sorry, she really seemed to mean it and acknowledged that I had went through an awful lot by driving over there but there was nothing she can do.

She then suggested that I try to go over to the VARO next door and try there, and that she wished me luck.

I get next door to the VARO and went upstairs to the offices and the receptionist at the front desk immediately started shaking his head (blowing me off) saying that its not going to happen and that that is not how things get done. That there are 330,000 vets in the state of FL who want their records and so they go to the back of the line and wait.

So I started to blow a mini gasket.

So he set me up to see a counselor ( another guy with a cubicle that tells people the same thing)

This guy was a professional stone-waller, who had me by the jewels. Nothing I could do but be nice. Said that it's against policy and that his manager had to sign a release, who had gone home (currently 3:50 PM) for the weekend, then after she signed a release she had to go "upstairs and do whatever she had to do then". He said that, Tuesday when he gets back to work then he would take my signed ROI Privacy Act Statement "IF SHE IS WILLING TO DO THAT (which he wasn't promising but he had seen her do before) then, he would walk down the hallway, where there are people in there that that is all they do all day long, get my file and copy my C & P exam himself and send it to me.

I took all of that to mean, and make no mistake that this was how it came across, that if I will shut up, and quit bitching, sign the form and get the heck back to Orlando then he MIGHT just follow through.

His excuses were ragged, absolute aggressively professional stonewall-er.

The reasons that the people from the VAMC in Orlando can't get their C & P exams are as follows:

The VAMC is part of the VHA and the VARO is a division of the VBA

"It's not that simple, there are privacy laws at issue here"

"there are 330,000 vets in front of you that want their records as well"

"that's not the way it works!"

So we will see.