VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro/va Missed Things

Rate this question

Tman11

Question

Im in the appeals process for various parts of my origninal claim to the VA. (example I was awarded 10% for GERD based on the fact i only had one symptom and two or more was required for 30% upon reviewing my records i found ALL of the symptoms, hmmm someone overlooked this or what??? So its based on not thoroughly reviewing my record and awarding me less than what Im entitled too.) My question is I just recieved a letter stating my claim is under review by DRO, how long does this process take and if i dont get what i deserve whats the next step in the appeals process? Thanks for any information.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

My question is I just recieved a letter stating my claim is under review by DRO, how long does this process take and

if i dont get what i deserve whats the next step in the appeals process?

The DRO review takes quite a bit of time.

The next step, if denied, is a Form 9 - Substantive Appeal to the BVA.

"I just recieved a letter stating my claim is under review by DRO,"

"upon reviewing my records i found ALL of the symptoms, hmmm someone overlooked this or what??"

I hope you mentioned all of these entries in your request for DRO review.

They skim through our files so fast that every claimant needs to take them by the hand on evidence.

Our backlog of claims is due, in part, to the fact they don't consider the clinical records carefully.

The BVA, if your claim gets to that point, does a much more thorough job but it is best to show them when and where (with highlighted copies of records, the evidence lies for a higher rating.

Thanks to those that have replied, yes i went back through my medical files and highlighted all the evidence to support full compensation not partial for certain things, knees, gerd, ptsd, etc. so hopefully the DRO will do their job and see that and we wont have to go to the next step.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Thanks to those that have replied, yes i went back through my medical files and highlighted all the evidence to support full compensation not partial for certain things, knees, gerd, ptsd, etc. so hopefully the DRO will do their job and see that and we wont have to go to the next step.

This is good advice. Definitely spell it out for the DRO. Also, FanaticBooks has posted some extremely helpful information which can help you assemble a very effective claim