VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So Called "brain" C&p - What Next

Rate this question

autumn

Question

was finally correctly dx'd with MS and was SC'd for it last june though didn't get the letter til sept 2010.

in jan 2011, pva requested a C & P for secondary issues. however, i was sent to a VA doctor where the ratings people had asked him to complete the C&P from jun 2010, saying it wasn't complete. that is the secondary issues i guess. they called this C&P in jan 2011 a "brain" C&P. we only talked. that is, no real tests. just talk about ms and its symptoms. when i left he said, "your 100% disabled and can't work. i'll try my best to get the rater to see that". he said with MS, there are just too many issues secondary for him to consider and that they always come and go and some are permenant. i could have told him that. LOL he seemed like a nice enough guy.

so now i'm told via the pva, they'll have to schedule more exams for the secondary issues. pva is trying to get retro and cue for the past 22+ years.

q1. was the jan 2011 "brain" C&P some kind of VA 'test' or what?

q2. what is an avg time frame to get secondary issues related to MS to accounted for?

tia

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Autumn-the C & P doctor made a very good point.

Has the PVA suggested that you apply for TDIU on the 21-7840 form?

MS can have many residuals that are ratable and I recently read about an SMC "M" award- a very higher level award for MS either at the BVA web site or within the VBM from NVLSP.

The C & P s are needed to properly rate you due to all residuals.The ratings can be challenged if the residuals ever get worse.

"your 100% disabled and can't work. i'll try my best to get the rater to see that" This is great evidence to warrant a 100% award but I sure hope that the VA rater considers this carefully and doesn't play around with this statement if the C & P doctor could not give rationale for this:

"he said with MS, there are just too many issues secondary for him to consider and that they always come and go and some are permenant."

I hope the VA doesnt consider his opinion as speculative. Was he a Neuro doc?

Autumn-the C & P doctor made a very good point.

Has the PVA suggested that you apply for TDIU on the 21-7840 form?

MS can have many residuals that are ratable and I recently read about an SMC "M" award- a very higher level award for MS either at the BVA web site or within the VBM from NVLSP.

The C & P s are needed to properly rate you due to all residuals.The ratings can be challenged if the residuals ever get worse.

"your 100% disabled and can't work. i'll try my best to get the rater to see that" This is great evidence to warrant a 100% award but I sure hope that the VA rater considers this carefully and doesn't play around with this statement if the C & P doctor could not give rationale for this:

"he said with MS, there are just too many issues secondary for him to consider and that they always come and go and some are permenant."

I hope the VA doesnt consider his opinion as speculative. Was he a Neuro doc?

>>TDIU on the 21-7840 form

i do not know but will ask them this week. thanks for the tip

it was a strange C&P as i had thought it would be for those secondary things which some i clearly have

i hope the rater see's it his way also. had to say really. kinda why i had asked on another thread about representing yourself.

i don't think he was a neuro. more like a shrink or something. but maybe a neuro. the pva had requested exams for ms secondary issues and the va sent me to this guy. i was surprised but the pva only responded that it did support a cue in my case. they are resubmitting again for the secondary things so they can be rated and added to my claim. they sent a few IMOs supporting that stuff too.

gets confusing

an update. i think i posted this somewhere else on hadit but can't recall where.

after contacting my congressman's office and they contacting the VA, a new set of C&P's were ordered for MS secondary/residual ratable issues.

i had mentioned the "seemingly fake" C&P from Jan 2011 to PVA rep a few times and never was anything done about it except told to wait and we'll see if the VA does the right thing.

the VA couldn't rate anything via that first C&P. he used no form or anything, just talked and wrote a general summary on two pages.

the VA canceled the cog/memory exam. i told that to PVA too, and they have done nothing about it. VA said phone person said i didn't need one. Congressman's office is trying to get a reason for canceling that.

note: i contacted patient advocate about issues i've had with local VA neuro office. first advocate said she put an entry in the computer system about it and sent the list to Chief of Staff. a month later i contact PA office for follow up. temp PA says no record of entry in system and no paperwork. i faxed it again to her, she received it, said she put it in the system my issues and that we have talked. its july 2011, and PA hasn't returned calls.

note: VA neuro doc wrote in notes he didn't have a copy of IMO of a certain MRI (i've taken it to records like 3 times to have it scanned). so i walked the docs into the office. the front desk lady said she would put it on doctor's desk. three months later, no one knows where the docs are. doctor says he never saw them. office says they didn't get them or sent to records. records says they don't have a record of them being sent over. just another day at this VA.

so, in the typical VA holding pattern.