VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Hearing Aids

Rate this question

Route Clearance

Question

Just wondering how long it usually takes the VA to get your hearing aids in after they took molds of your ear. This is for behind the ear half dome. And can you call the audi at the VA and see if they are in? The reason I ask is because I got my molds done yesterday but my fitting is not till may 11th because they are so back logged. so i was hoping i could call and see if they were ready then try to get in sooner on a cancellation.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The VARO in Tucson only goes by appointments only. And it takes a few months before you get them as their contractor is out state. They scheduled the appointment 2 months to

have you go in and check the fit. The digital ones now are programmed on site once they are received. And lo and behold if they need a repair. I waited another few months to go in

to drop them off, and they will just call you when they arrived so you can pick them up. Mine is in the ears as they asked me what type of job I do. I work in a call center and wear

big special boom box ear head phones to block out the noise. I probably look like an idiot wearing them, only one I know of that wears hearing aids (at my job) and still has an issue

hearing the customer. Certain letters sound the same, foreign accents drive me nuts, as well as those from the south or parts of the country that have an unusual speech that is

really difficult for an Arizona Desert Rat to hear. And I'm only rated 0%-almost stone deaf!!

• HadIt.com Elder

The VARO in Tucson only goes by appointments only. And it takes a few months before you get them as their contractor is out state. They scheduled the appointment 2 months to

have you go in and check the fit. The digital ones now are programmed on site once they are received. And lo and behold if they need a repair. I waited another few months to go in

to drop them off, and they will just call you when they arrived so you can pick them up. Mine is in the ears as they asked me what type of job I do. I work in a call center and wear

big special boom box ear head phones to block out the noise. I probably look like an idiot wearing them, only one I know of that wears hearing aids (at my job) and still has an issue

hearing the customer. Certain letters sound the same, foreign accents drive me nuts, as well as those from the south or parts of the country that have an unusual speech that is

really difficult for an Arizona Desert Rat to hear. And I'm only rated 0%-almost stone deaf!!

That being the case, I would advise you to file for an increase in your disability rating, especially with the work that you do, and the implications that your WORSENING hearing ability has vis a vis your job.

That being the case, I would advise you to file for an increase in your disability rating, especially with the work that you do, and the implications that your WORSENING hearing ability has vis a vis your job.

This was for an increased disability -no changes since 96 exam. What I got was a new digital set of hearing aids, and a possible 10% claim for tiitatus which is in the decision stage. It seems almost impossible to get anything more than 0%. But with the hearing aids it helps. Although certain tones or letters am unable to distinguish-I have to have my customers spell it phoenatically.