VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Bs

Rate this question

emandg

Question

Let me start it all off with my C&P results.

AXIS I - PTSD, Chronic alcholhism in remission

AXIS II - Deferred

AXIS III - See Medcial Records

AXIS IV - Served in Vietnam

AXIS V - GAF 70.

It goes on to list all the symptoms and that I have "PTSD related to his conceded combat experience".

The only actual paper test I was given in this process was something called a SIMS and it said that that my responses were NOT INDICIATIVE OF HONEST REPORTING or MALINGERING. Mother F*******. What else can I do, take my brain out and show them ? Being on an LZ that was overun with 50+ brothers killed, +150 wounded and OVER 100 GOONERS killed was something I saw in a movie ? I provided enough proof that I was there. I was not one of the ones that got "decorated" for it, I was just a ghost I guess.

It goes on to say that I do meet the requirment for PTSD under the CAPS. I don't remember even taking one of those. I do meet the DSM-IV criteria fr PTSD.

However,

The Occupation and and Social Impairment is all "No's" with an end of "Mental Disorder symptoms are not severe enough to interfere with occupational and social functioning." What kind of B.S. is this ? have been undergoing thereapy and meds for the last 2 years. I have been treated well by the V.A. up until I opened the and read the report in the parking lot of the V.A. Clinic.

I'm assuming I'm going to be denied any rating for the hell I have lived since my return from 'Nam. Can request a second C&P exam ? Who should I get some help from ? Is my claim salvagable ? I think I know what the rating is going to be.

I spoke to my V.A. Therapist and was told that because of the new rules for PTSD the C&P examiners feel powerless and they are taking it out on the vets. SHe said that based on the write up it looks like I would not be granted anything and to go ahead and submit an appeal on how I was treated and that all the xxxxxxx shit I went through in 'nam and have lived with for the last 40+ years was not something an xxxxxxx like that can just dust out of my head. She said that the new trick was to not send any rating determination out to let the time go by so it would be to late to file an appeal. Can I file an appeal of the C&P farce ? What the hell is wrong with this crap ?

• HadIt.com Elder

there are a lot of factors that go into a rating having them concede your PTSD stressor is a big one already many vets are denied this point and spend the next 5 years proving that they witnessed a specific stressor in Nam finding after action reports tracking down unit buddies etc you have busted that bubble already so you have a solid "base" now to get into the other aspects of PTSD that they look at how many jobs have you had since Nam? Did you have a long career with one or 2 companies or 70 jobs since Nam? How many marriages or divorces do you have? Any DUIs or other legal problems drinking problems, drug problems etc the more sane life you led the lower the percentage seems to be the more severe lifestyle hence the higher percentages

the most scared day I can remember was back in 1999 4 of my ex wives were in the credit union when I went in to cash my paycheck after work, I backed out of that door before they saw me and ran like hell they were standing having a conversation and nothing good could possibly have come out of that for me