VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

Question

The latest response I got from IRIS was that my claim was now at the rating agency and they were waiting on my medical file from the VA doctors. Can someone explain exactly what this means? I thought our VA medical records were all online? I was told a few weeks ago that the RO had already received my C&P exams and were waiting for my medical file from the Va doctors??? Shouldn't they have all this information already?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

They told me the same thing several times even with me knowing they had the records already. If you have a VSO, ask them to get up, walk down the hall, open the Raters door and ask where they are at on your claim.

There is a lot of confusion at the RO and things like this just add to its hectic nature.

Hang in there.

Did you get a copy of the C and P exam? That would be extremely beneficial to you.

J

The latest response I got from IRIS was that my claim was now at the rating agency and they were waiting on my medical file from the VA doctors. Can someone explain exactly what this means? I thought our VA medical records were all online? I was told a few weeks ago that the RO had already received my C&P exams and were waiting for my medical file from the Va doctors??? Shouldn't they have all this information already?

They told me the same thing several times even with me knowing they had the records already. If you have a VSO, ask them to get up, walk down the hall, open the Raters door and ask where they are at on your claim.

There is a lot of confusion at the RO and things like this just add to its hectic nature.

Hang in there.

Did you get a copy of the C and P exam? That would be extremely beneficial to you.

J

How do I get my VSO for DAV do this? I know they have an office in Phoenix. Never been able to get them to do anything other than file an initial claim. And then-that's it. Mission accomplished.:mellow:

Edited by COOL BREEZE

I did get a copy of my C&P exam. Below is a brief overview:

Hospitalization for mental disorder: YES - overdose-suicide attempt hospitalized at Walter Reed 4-5 days

FREQUENCY, SEVERITY AND DURATION OF NON PTSD PSYCHIATRIC/MEDICAL SYMPTOMS: Depression, Chronic Pain Issues

OBSESSIVE/RITUAL BEHAVIOR: Yes

PANIC ATTACKS: Yes

PRESENCE OF HOMICIDAL THOUGHTS: Yes

PRESENCE OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS: Yes

IMPULSE CONTROL: Fair

EPISODES OF VIOLENCE: Yes

STRESSOR EVENTS: Sexual assault

INTENSE FEAR: Yes

FEELING OF HELPLESSNESS: Yes

FEELING OF HORROR: Yes

PTSD SYMPTOMS:

PERSISTENT RE-EXPERIENCING THE TRAUMATIC EVENT BY:

SYMPTOMS OF INCREASED AROUSAL: Difficulty falling/staying asleep. Irritability or outbursts of anger, difficulty concentrating, hypervigilence, exaggerated startle response

Significant distress or impairment in social, occupational areas of functioning

Chronic symptoms

Severe, persistent symptoms

LENGTH OR REMISSIONS AND CAPACITY FOR ADJUSTMENT DURING REMISSION: None

PSYCHOMETRIC ASSESSMENT SCORES: Veteran obtained a raw score of 68 on the PCL-M, consistent with diagnosis of PTSD

DEGREE OF SEVERITY OF PTSD SYMPTOMS BASED ON PSYCHOMETRIC DATA: severe

Veteran obtained a raw score of 29 on the Beck Depression Inventory II, which is in the severe range of depressive symptoms

VAalidity of psychological test results: Valid

DIAGNOSIS:

DOES VETERAN MEET THE DSM-IV STRESSOR CRITERION: Yes

DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY STRESSOR RELATED TO PTSD: Sexual assault

DOES VETERAN MEET THE DSM-IV CRITERIA FOR A DIAGNOSIS OF PTSD: Yes

AXIS I: PTSD

AXIS II: None

AXIS III: Diabetes, Hypertension, Chronic Pain

AXIS IV: Employment, separated from Army

AXIS V: GAF SCORE: 45 Time Frame: Current functioning

DO PTSD SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS RESULT N DEFICIENCIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS (JUDGMENT, THINKING, FAMILY RELATIONS, WORK, MOOD OR SCHOOL): Yes

JUDGMENT: Yes

THINKING: Yes

FAMILY RELATIONS: Yes

WORK: Yes

MOOD: Yes

SCHOOL: N/A

PTSD diagnosed documented by psychiatrist in the MHC at Washington DC VAMC

OPINION: Veteran's PTSD is most likely caused by or a result of sexual harrassment noted in the service

• HadIt.com Elder

Is this a claim for increase or a new claim? Did you consider IU?

From the results of the exam, Your rating will be a good one.

I dont think it will be too much longer.

J

This is a new claim which I filed in 2009, after years of thinking that I was going crazy and not knowing where to turn or what to do, after watching my world and life fall apart. A good friend, a sister veteran, who held me up when I was falling down, stayed by my side during my bad times, and told me about myself when I needed it, encouraged me to file my claim. I will be forever grateful to her and to all the other veterans who have taught me along this road to recovery.

J