VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

Question

The latest response I got from IRIS was that my claim was now at the rating agency and they were waiting on my medical file from the VA doctors. Can someone explain exactly what this means? I thought our VA medical records were all online? I was told a few weeks ago that the RO had already received my C&P exams and were waiting for my medical file from the Va doctors??? Shouldn't they have all this information already?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Bt40: I don't have enough experience to offer any advice to you, but I am confident that those on this site that do will be able to help you. I really don't understand a lot of the jargon I get from the VA, sometimes it is like a foreign garbled language to me. I have found that I get better information when I use the IRIS system; however, sometimes those answers are confusing as well. I've also done some research on my own by using google to figure out what certain phrases mean.

I am sure that someone will provide you with more information. This is a wonderful site - I wish I had found it a long time ago.

Take care.

Thanks for the advice TOP.Hopefully an elder will read my post and give some more advice.

Im new to the site.I did a c and p for an IU(form 21-8940) last year and I have a copy of the notes.The physician put in the notes that there was marked psychological over-lay(what does this mean).Im rated at 30% for ptsd but I did not recieve a c and p exam for it.I spoke with a VA Rep and I was told that they had enough evidence already on the ptsd I guess because I see a therapist regularly.And my claim is ready for a decison.Need help Im confused.

Bt40,

Welcome to Hadit.com

Please repost this as your own topic under the Claims/Benefits Forum.

Hello! I got the below response from IRIS; however, I'm having trouble trying to figure out what exactly they are telling me! Help!

"Dear Ms. Harris:

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated March 22, 2011.

After review of your files, we see that your claim is "Secondary Ready for Decision" as of March 17, 2011, with a date of claim of March 10, 2009.

We see that on review, an error was found and corrected. Your claim has now been put back on "Ready for Decision" on the above-mentioned date. Your files are back with your regional office.

Decision Phase -

Your claim is currently located with our rating activity. We will review it to make sure we have everything we need to make an informed decision. If we have everything we need, we will prepare a proposed decision on your claim. The length of time it takes to complete the Decision Phase depends on several factors, such as the type of claim filed or the availability of evidence needed to decide your claim. The Decision Phase is completed on most claims between 16 and 27 days. Please be advised that a claim may take longer in this phase based on the specifics of your claim.

There is one phase after this phase:

Notification Phase

Your claim is in its final stages. Please understand we have a system in place to be sure that before your claim is finalized, we check it to make sure it's been processed accurately. So once we've reviewed and approved it, you will receive your notification letter in the mail."

I went to the Arizona Department of Veterans services today and I was advised of the following:

1.. In Arizona the majority of the claims being worked on are agent orange. Very, very few other claims are being processed. They are working on them, but very limited.

2.. WHen you have a claim in decision at the rating board, and it is a reconsideration, you have 1 year from the date of this decision to file an appeal

3. I can file another reconsideration on top of a reconsideration if I have additional medical information to support that claim

4. Do not submit any other medical documents until the VA makes a decision on the claim, otherwise their will be a major delay in claim-wait until this claim has a decison.

5. This also applies to submitting medical documents for a NOD, wait until they send a SOC asking if there was anything else I had-you can tell them to take a look at your medical file with the VA and they will see additional medical reports there.

The current DAV service officer I have been using is history. There will be a replacement next week. Here I go again.

This organization I went today informed me you cannot switch organizations in the middle of a claim.

Kind of like going to the supermarket and they no long carry your favorite cheese cake anymore.

4. Do not submit any other medical documents until the VA makes a decision on the claim, otherwise their will be a major delay in claim-wait until this claim has a decison.

5. This also applies to submitting medical documents for a NOD, wait until they send a SOC asking if there was anything else I had-you can tell them to take a look at your medical file with the VA and they will see additional medical reports there.

This organization I went today informed me you cannot switch organizations in the middle of a claim.

CB,

I completely disagree with the ones I left above.

JMHO