VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

Question

The latest response I got from IRIS was that my claim was now at the rating agency and they were waiting on my medical file from the VA doctors. Can someone explain exactly what this means? I thought our VA medical records were all online? I was told a few weeks ago that the RO had already received my C&P exams and were waiting for my medical file from the Va doctors??? Shouldn't they have all this information already?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

CB,

I completely disagree with the ones I left above.

JMHO

I understand. Another service officer advised me to go there as mine was being replaced. I showed up with all the documents so the DaV could submit, no one available. I wonder if it is better if I mail them or wait for the replacement to show up. I asked this organization if they represent VETS in there appeals, he had no idea. Doesn't sound like a very sound group.

I understand. Another service officer advised me to go there as mine was being replaced. I showed up with all the documents so the DaV could submit, no one available. I wonder if it is better if I mail them or wait for the replacement to show up. I asked this organization if they represent VETS in there appeals, he had no idea. Doesn't sound like a very sound group.

Remember, YOU are your own best advocate. I've submitted several times, without my VSO, and have received letters back stating that my materials had been received, with 'cc' to DAV. In those cases, it looks like the VA back-notified the DAV.

My question is: can you switch VSOs when you have an appeal waiting? I have one certified, but still at the local VARO.

Hi, Carlie. Just wanted to say how I appreciate your knowledge and insight into these issues. I'm glad you are there, along with all of the other wonderful veterans and advocates in this site. I am still waiting on the decision - the suspense can be a killer. After all this time, the waiting, I feel, is the worst.