VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting Anxious Now

Rate this question

boricuarage

Question

5 more hours and I will be in the examiners office doing my c/p mental exam. i stayed up till 4 in the morning because i was thinking about this day.

wasn't nervous until now, I'm getting pretty anxious. good thing wife is coming, but same time it be tough because i would have to share my experience

of iraq which i do not like to talk about. been almost 7 years since I felt the heat of iraq; yet i can feel it every single breathing day. on a good note I heard

nothing but good things about the examiner, but do not want to be naive about it. I will be open, but I hope I won't go in one of my outburst spells. No

I will not. I know they are there to help. I wish I can get of my meds 4ever.

Bori

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

boricuarage,

I was already rated for PTSD at 30%, but the VA wanted to re-exam me. So I did another C&P in Oct 2010, I did not get a copy until Dec 2010. I'm still waiting on the results. The second shrink said that I was worse off then the first one, so my thinking is that the VA was hoping that the second doctor would find nothing wrong with me and they could take away the 30%. At both my exams, what I did not do, and wished I had, was ask them for a ballpark GAF number. They may not have given it to me, but I should have ask. BTW, Good Luck, and I hope yours does not take as long as mine.

Papa

boricuarage,

I was already rated for PTSD at 30%, but the VA wanted to re-exam me. So I did another C&P in Oct 2010, I did not get a copy until Dec 2010. I'm still waiting on the results. The second shrink said that I was worse off then the first one, so my thinking is that the VA was hoping that the second doctor would find nothing wrong with me and they could take away the 30%. At both my exams, what I did not do, and wished I had, was ask them for a ballpark GAF number. They may not have given it to me, but I should have ask. BTW, Good Luck, and I hope yours does not take as long as mine.

Papa

Papa did you request to get copies through VA? Well the examiner told me I'm @ least 20-30 percent for just having a purple heart. I did ask the examiner for a GAF, but he would not tell me until he looks at my questionnaire. I guess I have to play the waiting game.

Thanks bORI

You can go to the records department in the hospital where the C&P was done and get a copy from them. I picked up my C&P's for the knee and ears the day I went for my PTSD C&P. I want to go and see if its done, but its only been 2 weeks, so I know its not. But the records dept is faster then waiting for them to give you a copy out of the C File.

By the way, thanks for your service and it WILL get better, it sounds like your family are with you 100%, lean on your Wife, they are the biggest help to us all.