VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Close To An Envelope

Rate this question

Sapper

Question

Hi Everyone,

I filed for TDIU for my PTSD/Migraines/Neck/Back/Tinnitus problems. I am currently at 80% total. 70% PTSD, 10% Neck, 10% Back, and 10% Tinnitus. My claim as been going since June 28th of 2010. I have just found out from my American Legion rep that my claim is in the notification phase. I couldn't quite squeeze the answer out of them yet, so my anxiety is going through the roof. I called this morning and spoke to a gentleman, and he told me that "some of it looks really good" He let me know that my migraines were being deferred to being service connected, but he did say that it stated something about being eligible for Chapter 35 benefits. It sounds like they're going to grant me TDIU. I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, so I will keep calling them every day this week until I find out the Award Letter has been submitted.

It has been a long road (even though it's really not compared to some veterans) but I'm glad it's close to being over. I'm doing my best to keep positive until I find out the definite answer.

Another question I do have, is that I am recieving SSDI, which I submitted to the VA in support of my TDIU claim. I have read that it is possible to get a TDIU to backdate to your SSDI award date. Is this really possible? I asked the American Legion rep about this, and his response was, "The VA will not pay back to the SSDI date because the TDIU claim was not submitted before the SSDI award date, so it would only backdate to my TDIU claim date of June 28th. My SSDI award date backdated to July of 2009, so that's a big pay difference.

As I stated before, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but my stomach is in knots, and I'm sure I won't be able to sleep even as good as I can with the pills until I find out my definite answer. I will keep all of you posted, and hopefully I'll be posting in the success stories area by the end of the week. Thank you all for your input, and for giving me a kick in the rear to get the paperwork going to the VA and SSDI. Without everyone's help, I'm sure I wouldn't have filed for SSDI yet, as I didn't know I really could. Thank you all, Hadit.com members!

-Sapper724-

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Envelope arrived today! Deposit was made last week, but now it seems I have everything I need. A nice letter from the VA saying that my 100% is P&T, and a little chunk of change in the bank. Most of all though, I had all of your support through all of this. Thank you again Hadit.com members! I look forward to helping other vets as you have all done for me. Thank you again!

Sapper

Wonderful news Sapper !

You have to have an "in person verification" process completed. Either by way of your local Regional Office or, as my husbands case (and I just found out this today)

since he is 100% we had gone to the local base to receive his MSW card and they did an in person verification, even though he was already in the DEERS system having

been active duty (years ago), they still did an in person verification for him to receive his MSW card. Lo and behold, I decided to give a shot today and was issued a

verification number and went right into the ebenefits site, no problem.

Maybe and I'm not 100% sure, but perhaps this is the reason you can't access anything ?

thinking you are probably right.