VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Mental Exam Quesionarre

Rate this question

boricuarage

Question

is it normal to have an exam w/500 questions in them.

this sucked for me cause it was hard for me to concentrate and i know a lot of this questions are the same, but in different sentence.

i just hated it because i was so edgy and anxious that I wanted to zoom by those questions.

one part was 117 questions (i think)

and the second part was like 340 questions.

my whole c&p exam took about 5 hours, but it went by so quick i did not realize the time.

i also stated in my previous post on where can i obtain my c&p resultsl but no one has told me.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

The test sounds like the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory ) and this is not too unusual for VA to give regarding PTSD claims.

You can make a request for a copy of the results of the C & P at the VAMC where they gave you the C & P.

I dont think they will give you copy of this test, the C & P doctor will incorporate the results of it in the C & P exam results.

Go to the Release of Information Office (ROI) at your VAMC to get any copies of your exams, or health records.

Lugnut aka Buddy

Boricuarage,

I took one of those at a psyche appointment decades ago.

No doubt it's designed to test your honesty in how you answer the questions.

Might take a couple weeks or so for results to be available but the ROI is correct for where to request your C & P results.

i also stated in my previous post on where can i obtain my c&p resultsl but no one has told me.

bori,

Sometimes they won't release mental health information without

the prior consent of the doc that wrote it, but I do not think this will

apply in your case.

If your mental health C&P exam was done by a QTC examiner (not at a VAMC)

chances are you will not be able to get a copy until AFTER a Rating Decision has been made.

If your mental health C&P exam was done at a VAMC then you should be able to go to that

VAMC with your ID and request a copy of it and will probably get it on the spot.

JMHO

I had my C&P done at QTC, but they will not give you a copy. They will tell you that you must get it from the VA. I had my exam in Oct 2010, and was not able to get a copy until a few months later. It was prior to the rating. You will still need to request it from the Va, and I would tell them that as soon as the report from QTC comes in, you want a copy.

Papa