VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Work

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I was recently awarded 100% percent disability however no where in my claim does it state I cannot work. What it does state is the following.

50% sleep apnea w/cpap

50% prostasitis / prostate

40% depression

20% tinitis

and six claims at 10% each

my question is can I work? I want to continue working however I don't want to lose any compensation from VA.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was recently awarded 100% percent disability however no where in my claim does it state I cannot work. What it does state is the following.

50% sleep apnea w/cpap

50% prostasitis / prostate

40% depression

20% tinitis

and six claims at 10% each

my question is can I work? I want to continue working however I don't want to lose any compensation from VA.

JMHO... YES. As previously posted in this thread, there are certain limitations and exclusions, however, from what have you posted here, I would think you could work.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know that I am going to get blasted but unless your are working for a VSO if you have a 100% rating working is very risky

Boom!!! Hi Pete,.. Just thought I would blast you on that one. I know, and have met several SC triple amputees that work, or at least try to, and I can't believe that their disability rating is at risk.

I respect your thoughts and comments, and I'm just trying to figure this one out.

Best Wishes,

CB

• HadIt.com Elder

We know that if you are TDIU or 100% for a mental condition you better not work. Everything else is unclear to me. Unless you are TDIU you don't have to tell them you are working or not.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry to not be clear I was talking about any mental rating not physical. God bless and Vet who lost limbs and wants to work.

What exactly (word for word) do I need to do to become P and T. I am currently 100% schedular? Please read all earleir post to see all calims.

vet2010

JMHO... YES. As previously posted in this thread, there are certain limitations and exclusions, however, from what have you posted here, I would think you could work.

How do you get a rating of tinitis for 20%? Is this for the ringing of the ears?