VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

My question is now that I am 100%, what do I need to do to file for SSI/D? My paperwork doesn't state that I cannot work, it is 100% percent based off claims.

V/r

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a statement from a doctor that states you cannot work for at least one year due to your disabilites. First thing is to apply for SSD. You can do this over the phone.

I am 90% SC and got SSD. The VA paperwork does not state that I cannot work but the SSD says I cannot. This is interesting how one can be easy to get and the other is harder. Just apply, im sure it should be in your favor.

• HadIt.com Elder

Willie that is just the way it is. Have you submitted a copy f your SSD award letter this could help your TDIU claim.

vet2010,

SSDI is a whole separate fight.

Please read this: Fanatic Books SSDI info and do all of the necessary preparation for your case.

SSDI will probably deny you the first and maybe 2nd time around anyway.

SSDI is not a 'done deal' with VA 100%.

The more effort you put into preparing your SSDI case, the less time it may take to win it.

Good luck! :smile:

I am at 30% and trying for 100% on a open claim and my question is I already have SSDI for Mental heath ie Schizophrenic/PTSD but the 30% is for other things ie my ankles when i was with a airborn unit how do i get the VA to cove me on the mental heath and some more on the ankles