VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao-Ep681 Nehmer Claims Moving Quickly!

Rate this question

NSA-Saigon-ET

Question

I just took a look at the VA spreadsheets published every Monday for workload on claims.

The good news is that they are zipping thru the backlog of EP681 claims for AO.

From the data, they posted, it looks like they will be finishing the EP681 by the 1st of April or so.

This will allow them to tackle the bigger job of the EP687 backlog.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe that is why the 800 operator told me yesterday there is note on the PC that they are "going forward" with my AO claims as of March 7th (Monday)

I guess a big push is on. ?

In all the years I dealt with VA I never heard them say anything as to 'going forward.' He checked and read the notation again and verified the IHD formal Claim of Aug 2010 and the SMC CUE IHD claim of July 2004.

I'm happy that something is going forward. I was told through an email that DMII cases are not considered Nehmer. I got SC for DMII, but disagreed with the effective date, but I could have sworn that DMII was Nehmer related.

Papa

I'm happy that something is going forward. I was told through an email that DMII cases are not considered Nehmer. I got SC for DMII, but disagreed with the effective date, but I could have sworn that DMII was Nehmer related.

Papa

Well, DMII is AO related and is a presumptive disability. However, only the three new presumptives qualify under the Nehmer Class action.

Well, regardless, they still got the date wrong.

Thanks for the verification

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Any A.O. presumptive that was denied before it became presumptive (with certain time constraints) falls under Nehmer, including DMII.

The VA did do something that was odd concerning DMII approved & SC'd cases. They were known to put the veteran with DMII in "Class 2". Fine, but, removing the veteran from "Class 6"

meant that the VA did not fully acknowledge that the veteran was a member or potential member of the Nehmer suite, and likely did not put the veteran on the list the VA is required to send to the class action consul.

Being in class two instead of or and class six can contribute to the VA wrongly charging co-pay for drugs associated with the treatment of A.O. presumptive conditions.

If you happen to be a Vietnam Veteran, and believe that you may be a class member, you should contact the class action consul.

The reason is that if and when they obtain enough evidence that the VA is not in compliance with the court order, they can go back to court, and ask that the VA be compelled to comply, and it's even remotely possible to have the court find the VA in contempt.

Well, DMII is AO related and is a presumptive disability. However, only the three new presumptives qualify under the Nehmer Class action.