VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P And T

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I was awarded 100% howevr I am not considered P and T, I will try and get it. On friday night my next door neighbor house caught on fire and I had to go in and rescue her and try and put the fire out. In doing so I suffered some smoke inhalation and my anxiety and depression symptoms have gotten worse do to this experience. I will be quiting my job on monday because I think I will be a disruption to my co-workers and I feel I cannot be as productive as I should. Also because of this experience my lower back pain has gotten worse to the point I cannot affectivlely move around at the same pace as before. Do you think this is a good idea or what?

V/r

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am service connected for the following,

50% Sleep Apnea

50% Depression / Anxiety

40% Prosstate

20% Lowerback

20%Scars

10% Tinittis

10% r/knee

10% L/knee

10% GERD

10% Lower left Extremity

10% Lower right Extremity

I was awarded 100% howevr I am not considered P and T, I will try and get it.

On friday night my next door neighbor house caught on fire and I had to go in and rescue her and try and put the fire out.

In doing so I suffered some smoke inhalation and my anxiety and depression symptoms have gotten worse do to this experience.

I will be quiting my job on monday because I think I will be a disruption to my co-workers and I feel I cannot be as productive as I should.

Also because of this experience my lower back pain has gotten worse to the point I cannot affectivlely move around at the same pace as before.

Do you think this is a good idea or what?

V/r

vet2010,

I do not know how the VBA will look upon your mental health symptomology increasing

due to what happened at your neighbors house fire.

NO - I DO NOT think it is a good idea to quit your job right now.

I would go to work and if it turns out that you are a "disruption" and that you

"cannot be as productive as I should." then something in writing from your employer

would be an asset to your needs.

I think you should speak to your medical (both physical and mental) health care providers

and feel them out to see if they agree you should not be employed.

If so, have them put something in writing to confirm this is their opinion, as this would also

be additional evidence for your needs.

Once you just up and quit of your own free will - you probably will not be able to get

evidence such as I've posted above.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Heck NO. Don't mention the fact you were able to rescue your neighbor and injured yourself doing it. If you quit your job based on this situation with the fire the VA is going to say that is the reason you can't work. You must be P&T solely for your SC conditions. You should just forget your heroic action as far as the VA is concerned.

I am going to quit regardless of the situation with VA, I can perform the task at work however when I get off work its like I constantly cry and am depressed about everything. Maintaining employment is a struggle, my supervisor or co-workers don't see it however my wife and kids do. I cannot sleep and I can hardly eat, my life is completely miserable. I need advice on what to do next because I am quiting today. Please Help?

V/r

Vet,

I'm sorry to see you going thru this anguish.

Primary is to get some counseling to assist you in dealing with this unfamiliar situation.

A vets center can be less impersonal than the main VA, so please look for one of those and explain honestly what you're going thru.

Finances are important but your mental health is the top priority right now.