VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P And T

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I was awarded 100% howevr I am not considered P and T, I will try and get it. On friday night my next door neighbor house caught on fire and I had to go in and rescue her and try and put the fire out. In doing so I suffered some smoke inhalation and my anxiety and depression symptoms have gotten worse do to this experience. I will be quiting my job on monday because I think I will be a disruption to my co-workers and I feel I cannot be as productive as I should. Also because of this experience my lower back pain has gotten worse to the point I cannot affectivlely move around at the same pace as before. Do you think this is a good idea or what?

V/r

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vet2010

Will you be better off sitting at home crying all day than working? I think you may be acting from the depression. Why not take some days off and see a shrink to talk about this thing before you do something you may regret.

I am going to quit regardless of the situation with VA, I can perform the task at work however when I get off work its like I constantly cry and am depressed about everything. Maintaining employment is a struggle, my supervisor or co-workers don't see it however my wife and kids do. I cannot sleep and I can hardly eat, my life is completely miserable. I need advice on what to do next because I am quiting today. Please Help?

V/r

vet2010,

You can file for FMLA and get into some intensive therapy, perhaps a residential treatment program.

Sounds like you need help now !

I am taken aback by this comment. Scam, cash-in or what ever you want to call it, I served my 20 years and then some. How many did you serve? By the way would it be better for me to sit home or seek help. I see you are 100% so why in the hell are you stating or emplying that I am trying to scam the VA. If you must Know, I was diagnosed with Prosate Cancer, had back surgery, Polyps removed from my stomach and a host of other ailments. So the next time you want to mention scam, go look your broke ass in the mirror. By the way I am 100% and guess what, if you get it I want it too. Bring on the Money FAT BOY...

P.S.

shut the hell up next time.

Is this site to help vets win claims or how to scam the VA?

This site is to help veterans. Not to fabricate any information. But to get the VARO to read actual VALID information by being persistent. As far as quiting one's job, is there a way to take a leave of absence? A medical leave and seek treatment in the Behavioral Health clinic/area? It is difficult to obtain 100% but as long as you are not TDIU, you can work, if able to. With your mental issue complaints, seeking treatment in the BH might help you, or they can direct you to the counselors who may offer the assistance you need. CAll your PCP to get a referral, or you can go to Urgent Care if the problems become too great to handle, and they can get a BH certified person to assist with your evaluation and follow up. Don't do the quitting thing first, check out the treatment avenue first, then see if/how you might still be able to maintain your employment, if still able to.