VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For Rating

Rate this question

emandg

Question

I did my C&P exam for PTSD and 1 other medical item in mid January. Any idea how long it will take to get a rating decision ? My V.A. therapist said that with the new PTSD rules, the examiners (mine in particular) feel "powerless" and are low balling all claims. She went on to say that normally a decision is posted almost immediately in the V.A. system she looks at. She told me the latest "trick" is to delay the rating decision until the time to file a NOD goes by. I think I am being handed a bunch of whatever. Can anyone give me a better answer than my therapist is ? or is that the way it is ?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

It is impossible to guess how long anything will take at VA these days.

Have you asked for a copy of the PTSD C & P results yet?

That will give you an idea of whether the claim will succeed and you could determine a possible rating from the C & P results.

I dont think anything the therapist said was based on any fact or even common sense.

I did my C&P exam for PTSD and 1 other medical item in mid January. Any idea how long it will take to get a rating decision ?

emandg - I'd guess at 3 - 12 months.

My V.A. therapist said that with the new PTSD rules, the examiners (mine in particular) feel "powerless" and are low balling all claims.

She went on to say that normally a decision is posted almost immediately in the V.A. system she looks at. She told me the latest "trick" is to delay the

rating decision until the time to file a NOD goes by. I think I am being handed a bunch of whatever.

emandg - the sentences above are pure BS.

As for "the latest "trick" is to delay the rating decision until the time to file a NOD goes by."

Hell, the time clock for a NOD doesn't EVEN BEGIN UNTIL AFTER the Rating Decision has been

adjudicated and promulgated.

I sure hope this "VA therapist" knows more about HER JOB than she thinks she knows - about the jobs at the VARO.

She sounds like a real winner...... (not).

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't listen to that therapist anymore and don't listen to these rumors. You had your exam and now you just have to wait. 3.5 months to wait for a decision is not long at all. Consider that you may have to file an appeal. Get your information here. I know many PTSD suffers get anxious waiting, but sometimes it is best to just not do anything. Don't submit anything else to the VA. Don't contact your congressman. Just go fishing.

John,

I wish that You had posted this about a month ago. I had both a PTSD and a General Physical C&P both done early Oct. 2010. I'm still waiting, and the EBenefits shows that it is still in "Development". My thing is that I was Dx'd with Parkinsons about a month ago, and put in the claim through Fast Track. NOw, I have been told by the VA that this may slow down my claim. Maybe, I should have waited on the Parkinson's claim until I got a decision on the other claims.

Papa

I did my C&P exam for PTSD and 1 other medical item in mid January. Any idea how long it will take to get a rating decision ? My V.A. therapist said that with the new PTSD rules, the examiners (mine in particular) feel "powerless" and are low balling all claims. She went on to say that normally a decision is posted almost immediately in the V.A. system she looks at. She told me the latest "trick" is to delay the rating decision until the time to file a NOD goes by. I think I am being handed a bunch of whatever. Can anyone give me a better answer than my therapist is ? or is that the way it is ?

Heck i have been waiting almost 8 months and still nothing from the VA on my PTSD claim