VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Status- Large Brown Envelope- Not Decision

Rate this question

Aquabear

Question

I placed a IU claim form in Nov 2010. Today in mail I got VA brown envelope about status of case. Inside they on their own have added to the IU that I should also be reconsidered and evaluated for a denied right hip/leg condition, an increase in left hip/leg condition and an increase in my lower back/lumbar area along with of course the IU.

WOW, I mean holy mackerel I never heard of the VA being proactive. Maybe the SSID statement of case that I won showed them they really screwed me the last few years and they are trying to make up for it. The SS judge made it clear that I was approved for SSDI because of my lower body/back and leg issues and I handed that paper in with the IU form showing SS approved me for SSDI with the conditions you wont rate and have low balled.

Anyone seen the VA actually be proactive- or is this a smoke and mirrors trip and they'll pull the rug out later?

I can only hope that when it comes to rating me the rater will finally see the god*** light -- yeah I know FAT CHANCE but you never know. Positivity!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I placed a IU claim form in Nov 2010. Today in mail I got VA brown envelope about status of case. Inside they on their own have added to the IU that I should also be reconsidered and evaluated for a denied right hip/leg condition, an increase in left hip/leg condition and an increase in my lower back/lumbar area along with of course the IU.

WOW, I mean holy mackerel I never heard of the VA being proactive. Maybe the SSID statement of case that I won showed them they really screwed me the last few years and they are trying to make up for it. The SS judge made it clear that I was approved for SSDI because of my lower body/back and leg issues and I handed that paper in with the IU form showing SS approved me for SSDI with the conditions you wont rate and have low balled.

Anyone seen the VA actually be proactive- or is this a smoke and mirrors trip and they'll pull the rug out later?

I can only hope that when it comes to rating me the rater will finally see the god*** light -- yeah I know FAT CHANCE but you never know. Positivity!

Aqua,

This is not really an example of the VBA being proactive

as it's SOP for a claim for IU.

A claim for IU is first off, a claim for increase and VBA will

need to have a re-look to see if any of your current SC'd disability's

have increased in nature.

Keep in mind that a SSA judge can grant a claim on medical evidence and factors that the VBA can not use.

With SSSA the only question is - does the claimant have medical evidence that shows they are disabled

under the SSA guidelines.

Whereas with the VBA - the first question is - does the claimant have medical evidence that shows each

disability is related in some way to active duty and can be granted SC for them ?

Carlie is right as usual. In March 2010, I filed for IU not really expecting to get it. Got my envelope in July 2010. Got increases in 3 disabilities which pushed me over the 100% mark. I am 100 % +, P&T because the VA did what they're supposed to do.

Thanx Carlie. I am SC for some but not all. Todays CnP exam was with a Gen MD to do a full overview of my entire Cfile and we went thru every claim, SC or not. Had the wife with me and it was great to have her here for this to advise the MD of what we go thru with this and for moral support and she made the Doc warm up and smile a bit too! Will go and get my wife some flowers for today and help clean! All good stuff.

I will get the CnP report on Tuesday when I go backfor PMnR CnP

Thanx again Carlie and johnjjr for chiming in.:biggrin: