VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Ptsd And Depression

Rate this question

WildBill

Question

We went for his C&P yesterday. We got there early, she took the guy ahead of us .She spent about 30 minutes with the guy, I thought that was really fast. I am WildBill's wife, I thought I would be able to go in with him. Usually his doctors ask that I come with him because his memory is gone. He has taken every anti-depressant, he has had Electro shock therapy. She said only the veteran. She spent about 30 minutes with him. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it comes out. His VA doc says he is "text book" PTSD.

He has been 70% SC for a couple of years, and was 100% for 2 years before that. The VA never inferred IU. He filed for TDIU when he got fired in July of this year. He worked a long time after he should have quit just to keep us insured. We are waiting on his IHD claim and PTSD. He also has obstructive sleep apnea, hypertension, dyslipidemia, restless leg syndrome. I guess we file new claims, once we get answers on the claims we have now. We have been married for 41 years, he has been my life. Thanks for listening.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mrs Wild Bill:

Thank you for sticking with your Veteran. Usually the VARO will give you an answer in 2 to 4 months. At this point my only suggestion is to make sure that the VA knows your husband is not working in writing. If he has SSD send a copy of award letter. If he does not have SSD than apply for it.

Good Luck

If the exam was done at a VAMC you can request a copy of the report from the Freedom of Information desk.

I got a copy of WildBill's PTSD C&P exam. It stated it was the "initial evaluation" for PTSD, it was done by a L.C. S. W. he has been diagnosed by two VA psychiatrist with PTSD. DIAGNOSTIC IMPRESSION: Axis I: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, not otherwise specified. Axis II: Deferred Axis III Per the Veteran's report, hypertention, high cholesterol , coronary artery disease, prostate cancer, joint pain in his kneess and shoulders.

Axis IV: Relationship problems, unemployment. Axis V: Global Assessment Functioning score of 54.

What do you think? Any ideas?

When I read the reports, I know THE REAL STORY, BILL will say WHATEVER HE HAPPENS TO BE THINKING AT THE TIME. He will tell them we have been married 35 years, 34 years, he gets dates for his surgeries all mixed up, job history, who cares? School years? Whatever.... I can't get him to believe that all these things are important. Oh, we have been married 41 years.

Along with a lot of other folks we are still waiting to hear about his Nehmer IHD claim. Still waiting after all these years, still waiting after all these years....

• HadIt.com Elder

It appears from your post that either he had a temporary 100% or was reduced? Was he reduced and if so from what, and why??????

pr

We went for his C&P yesterday. We got there early, she took the guy ahead of us .She spent about 30 minutes with the guy, I thought that was really fast. I am WildBill's wife, I thought I would be able to go in with him. Usually his doctors ask that I come with him because his memory is gone. He has taken every anti-depressant, he has had Electro shock therapy. She said only the veteran. She spent about 30 minutes with him. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it comes out. His VA doc says he is "text book" PTSD.

He has been 70% SC for a couple of years, and was 100% for 2 years before that. The VA never inferred IU. He filed for TDIU when he got fired in July of this year. He worked a long time after he should have quit just to keep us insured. We are waiting on his IHD claim and PTSD. He also has obstructive sleep apnea, hypertension, dyslipidemia, restless leg syndrome. I guess we file new claims, once we get answers on the claims we have now. We have been married for 41 years, he has been my life. Thanks for listening.

They reduced to 60% because his PSA was normal. I tried to fight it... By that time he had had a heart attack, and the poor guy was still trying to work, had to make that dime. Keep up that insurance.

"Along with a lot of other folks we are still waiting to hear about his Nehmer IHD claim. Still waiting after all these years, still waiting after all these years.... "

When was the claim filed under the new IHD regs?

Has the claim been acknowledged as coming under Nehmer yet?

The Nehmer COurt Order applies only to any new AO presumptive that was denied in a past decision or if not directly denied ,listed as NSC in an older decision and/or comes under Footnote One. Explained here in separate topic.

There are specific dates also to consider for Nehmer claims and they are explained in the Nehmer Training guide here.

I applied under Nehmer in Aug 2010.The RO didn't put me on the Nehmer list that they have to give to NVLSP.

I received my first formal acknowledgement a month ago from the VA (Nehmer Division Phila VARO) and they asked for a probate document (I am widow of AO vet) and info as to my heirs.

Prior to that IRIS stated the claim went to Togus from Buffalo and then they seemed to have lost it.And since found it plus I re submitted it again.The Nehmer people also replied in IRIS response but It took 7 months for the formally VA letter to come.

However I had immediately contacted NVLSP in August 2010 as well ( their AO emai addy is here)and they sent me email with many questions which I answered in email.

That put me on the NVLSP list.NVLSP has assured me they will check my decision when it comes to see if it was properly adjudicated as to the retro.

The VA was supposed to pull out all past denied IHD claims and contact the veterans or the widow.but I dont think anyone should depend on them to do that.

Has he received anything whatsoever yet that acknowledges his IHD claim under the new regs?