VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long For Referral Appointment

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

When my doctors at the VA refer me I get fast appointments. If the doctor believes it is his/her idea you get results. I stay on good terms with them. I got a referral to a podiatrist in two weeks. That is light speed for our VAMC. I also got a unwanted referral to "pain school" in a matter of days. I think it is because I have learned how to look pathetic and yet willing. Sort of like a chicken that lays its head on the block willingly.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now that is what I call desperate!! I hope you loaded up on pain medication first.

John,

Don't just sit and wait; I've fallen thru the cracks before and, if I hadn't followed up, Never would have gotten an appointment.

I was waiting for so long for cancer surgery (where time is not your friend) that I tried self-surgery and gave my PCP & referral docs the links

and I finally got a date scheduled.

Raise hell!

The VA keeps saying that they "want to own your healthcare" that they want to be your singular healthcare provider.

And yet, just yesterday when I finally got to see a new PCP, she looked at me like I was nuts because I told her I was using the VA for all my healthcare right now.

Kinda funny, but not, because this was the earliest they could get me in. I'd seen my usual (I use that term loosely) PCP back in December. She ordered some tests and I had a follow-up for a couple weeks later. In between, she quit and yesterday was the date I got rescheduled to. When I went in, the first question was - why are you here today?

I was good and stayed calm, and just told them I was there to follow-up from my last visit.

The clinic here has a tough time holding onto staff......

• HadIt.com Elder

When my doctors at the VA refer me I get fast appointments. If the doctor believes it is his/her idea you get results. I stay on good terms with them. I got a referral to a podiatrist in two weeks. That is light speed for our VAMC. I also got a unwanted referral to "pain school" in a matter of days. I think it is because I have learned how to look pathetic and yet willing. Sort of like a chicken that lays its head on the block willingly.

LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the average time it takes to get an appointment for a referral by the PCP. The RN that I saw referred me to get xrays and then to the physical medicine rehabilitation clinic. I was told it take 30 days to get the appointments but it's been longer and no word.

...and that's another reason why I avoid the VAMC like the plague. Of course my absents from VA Dr. visits was used against me in my SC claim.

I need x-rays on both legs-1-2 months is the average time to get this done. I saw a neurlogologist and he stated its probably in the legs