VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long For Referral Appointment

Rate this topic

I sprained my arm and shoulder, left ankel 2 weeks ago, still sprained(do To a fall in the yard). As i know it takes forever to get an appointment for this issue, I am still treating myself. Perhaps by the time they send me a letter in the mail letting me know when my next appointment for neuro will be in(its been 3 weeks) I can discuss this issue with them. Pretty bad when they lock the emergency doors at 10:00 pm and there is no way in. RIng the busser,no one comes.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a good PCP you can get fast referrals. At the same time you may wait for months. I got a bunch of expensive tests for my heart that helped me get a 60% rating after a crummy C&P exam. At the same time my dental care has been so bad I had to go to a private dentist and get VA work undone and pay to get it done right. For very basic care I think the VA is OK and provides care for many who would get nothing. At the same time I don't want brain surgery at the VA.