VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ascom Depot Aerial Photo/need Assistance Placing Ao Information

Rate this question

Ascomdepot68

Question

I have acquired an aerial photo of US Army ASCOM Depot and need assistance in placing AO information on the depot.

I will mail a hard copy of the 24"x24" photo by 1st class mail to those persons who can meet the following criteria:

Be either in class 1 or 2 or 3:

Class 1: Military assigned to Hq & Hq Co, A Co, or B Co US Army ASCOM Depot near Bupyong Korea in 1967-1970.

or

Class 2: Were a Department of the Army Civilian based on USA ASCOM Depot in 1967-1970

or

Class 3: Picked up or delivered AO in barrels or other containers from or to USA ASCOM Depot in 1967-1970

AND

Be either a person in class 4 and/or class 5:

Class 4: Worked in the building or in the yard where AO and herbicides were stored on USA ASCOM Depot in 1967-1970.

and or

Class 5: You personally saw or touched the barrels of AO. If you touched the barrels you must be able to explain by reason of your MOS, job assignment, detail particulars, etc. what specifically brought you into direct contact.

AND BOTH CLASS 6 & 7:

Class 6: Willing and able to provide specific details by email (after receiving the aerial photo) and describe what you saw, did, or touched referencing the photo, i.e. "I saw AO in barrels at point LL26" or "I helped move 25 barrels of AO from point BB6 to point Q7"

or "I helped offload AO at point B12".

Class 7: Willing to make and deliver a sworn statement as to what you personaly observed, did, touched, contacted, etc in reference to AO at ASCOM Depot. What you were told by others, what you read, etc is heresay and irrelevant.

After receiving a suitable amount of information I will provide a digital copy encompassing all information received to those who responded and met the above criteria. I will not provide piecemeal information as it might tend to influence ones memory or the issue.

If you can not provide information or just wish to have an aerial photo of the depot you can email me and I will place you on a list to receive the same digital photo at a later date. Since I have no idea of how many replys I will receive nor the information, I cannot

provide at present a timeframe, but it will be released here and one other site not later than 100 days (June 18, 2011).

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Have you been at the Korean War Project site:

http://www.koreanwar.org/html/units/dmz/agent_orange_registry.htm

Carlie

Yes, I realize the response will be limited but at this stage I am only seeking pertinent information and I can get that only from those who were actually there at the time. Also,

sending the photo will cost me about $8 a pop. I would be happy with just 5 responses, 10 would be better, more than that I would be estatic. The problem I have found is that

in trying to contact others who claim AO exposure is that for the most part they just don't answer, I don't know if its because they passed on or if it's just a case of " I got

mine, now you get yours", or what. If I do get my rating I would hope that I don't forget my brothers and sisters in arms and will at least be willing to listen and help if I can.

Although my focus is only on ASCOM Depot where I was stationed my second Korea tour, the effort is secondarily for ALL Korea Army vets who passed thru ASCOM from

1967 (?)-1970. If I can submit proof acceptable to the VBA or Congress that the ground and therefore the water supply was contaminated then the 25,000 plus who passed

through there per year could be eligible much in the same way as "boots on the ground" in Vietnam.

If you have any ideas on how I could publish the photo now without any input except mine and maintain credibility for the photo at a later date I would at least like to hear your idea.

I feel with the "Class" criteria you have outlined

there will not be a need for very many photos.

JMHO

Berta

Yes, I have been to the other website before. After your message I revisited again and read all 166 posts. Only 2 of those posts even touched my definition of possibilities, but I will post a message there also.

Seems like people searching for AO info for their claims do a lot of floundering around in their search. Most of the info there is for DMZ but I will post in the hopes that I could reach just one person. Thanks.

Have you been at the Korean War Project site:

http://www.koreanwar...ge_registry.htm

If you have any ideas on how I could publish the photo now without any input except mine and maintain credibility for the photo at a later date I would at least like to hear your idea.

Asomdepot,

You can scan the photo into your computer

and upload it right here at Hadit.com

Carlie

"publish the photo now without any input except mine and maintain credibility for the photo at a later date"

What I meant by that was if I publish the photo now it has only my info on it, it won't have any additional input from anyone else, then it defeats the purpose of asking others to contribute, and in the end would only go to show that 1 person (me) saw it, touched it, whatever.

I'm not looking for 25, 50, or 1000 people to chime in and say "Yes, I saw it there also". I'm looking for statements but statements totally independent of others info. Sort of like getting 100 birthday cards versus getting one signed by 100 people. Here the knowledge equals the thought.

The photo is on my computer and will be published here and now 2 other sites not later than July 18, 2011, and that is whether I get any responses or not, but I would like the opportunity to succeed first before I concede defeat. If I get 10 responses ( total from all 3 sites) the date will shorten correspondingly.

Asomdepot,

You can scan the photo into your computer

and upload it right here at Hadit.com