VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are They Tipping There Hand?

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

Hello All,

Some time ago I appealed a decision on my knees as I thought they got the rating wrong. After that I submitted a claim secondary to my knee pain of anxiety,stress as well as PTSD. This diagnosis is supported by my Doctor but the VA called it adjustment disorder during the C and P. My VA psyciatrist as well as my team councellor are calling it severe depression. So basically my appeal got placed on a back burner until they handled the new claim. Last Friday I recieved a letter asking me if I still wanted a video interview for my appeal. My Depression etc... has been at the rating board since Mar 3. Is it likely they made a decision on my claim and are now turning to my appeal?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe and maybe not. I don't think you can go there with just that information. The VA is a black box when it comes to how they do these things.

The appeal has nothing to do with the pending claim. They are two seperate issues. Reply to the question concerning your appeal.

John...

You got that right! The VA is a black box with a string in it and you dont know when or if the string will come out.

You have to remember the VA is a very large organazation with many people with widely different view points about Veterans and other issues. People always want to know "what the VA will do"...this is kinda like trying to predict which frog will jump the highest in a frog jumping contest.

For each claim there is one decision maker who has the srtiped shirts and "calls the play". Yes, some of the calls are not just controversial..they are just plain wrong. But the one with the striped shirts is always with the VA. And,

as the VA calls it, "the VA is an interested party" in your decision.

The results are mixed. Many, many Vets who deserve benefits are denied..but then are faced with a choice of whether or not they want to fight the VA for five years or try something else. There are also a few who may get some benefits they dont deserve...and I dont begrudge those Vets one bit. After all..who should the money go to?

VA executive bonuses.? Government Contractors.? More concrete memorials to Vets?

John...

You got that right! The VA is a black box with a string in it and you dont know when or if the string will come out.

You have to remember the VA is a very large organazation with many people with widely different view points about Veterans and other issues. People always want to know "what the VA will do"...this is kinda like trying to predict which frog will jump the highest in a frog jumping contest.

For each claim there is one decision maker who has the srtiped shirts and "calls the play". Yes, some of the calls are not just controversial..they are just plain wrong. But the one with the striped shirts is always with the VA. And,

as the VA calls it, "the VA is an interested party" in your decision.

The results are mixed. Many, many Vets who deserve benefits are denied..but then are faced with a choice of whether or not they want to fight the VA for five years or try something else. There are also a few who may get some benefits they dont deserve...and I dont begrudge those Vets one bit. After all..who should the money go to?

VA executive bonuses.? Government Contractors.? More concrete memorials to Vets?

Broncovet, I'm shocked... how could you write such a disgusting post? Gee, the VA is our friend... they are there to help us!! Ok, I think I have to change my depends now.....lmao

You forgot to mention the shrimp dip, the politicians can use at their State dinners!! They have to save money somewhere so that they can have respectable socials!! Why not off the back of the Veteran? Did we not give them a blank check when we enlisted/were drafted?