VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarding Of The Purple Heart Expanded

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

THANKS for the link to the article.

Fox news mentioned this yesterday AM on TV but I didn't have enough info to post anything here on it.

It certainly makes sense to expand the PH criteria, as TBI has become the "signature " wound of the Iraq/Afganistan wars

per the VA itself.

• HadIt.com Elder

My Grandfather was gassed by Germans in WWI and always felt he deserved a purple heart, In his memory I am glad that the military is looking at war injuries.

What about the 17 who were nuked in Japan?

I was in both Afghanistan 2001 to 2002 and Iraq 2003 to 2004 I was around a lot of explosions and IED's in 2007 I finely received 100% P&T with TUID in 2008 I was treated for TBI I was told I have moderate TBI was given tested and went to a balance center for balance related problems and then I went through testing for memory loss and forgetfulness and I was given a PDA from the VA and I was told that I have Mild TBI and I was just wondering should I put in for the purple heart. I was awarded a bronze star medal with V device also the Combat Infantryman Badge and Combat Action Badge along with 22 ½ years of service. Just wondering what I should do if any thing

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I think you should file for PH due to TBI. You probably shed blood, but it was inside your head which is more dangerous than outside. My great Unlce was gassed in WWI and had PTSD. I don't even think he got a pension or compensation. I found the BCMR not that friedly when I asked for an award that was denied me.