VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Carbidopa And Levodopa

Rate this topic

This is what my Nuerologist gives me for my PD. I take it three times a day. Has anyone else had any experience with this drug? It is getting hard to write clearly anymore, even when I hold my hands to steady them. Doing this post, I will continually have to correct things because I keep hitting the wrong key.

Papa

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

papa, i just started taking the same medication for parkinson's, seems to be helping some. go to google and type in medication name and read up on the side effects.

GOD BLESS

warren

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Papa, I hope they are able to find some medication or treatment to help your PD get better. I had several EMG's in all extremeties, but sometimes they showed more problems than others. After "neuromuscular junction testing (procedure code 95937)", which was luckily covered by my private insurance, my surgeon recommended surgery instead of this medication because I had lost a significant percentage of function. One leg done, one leg down, two arms to go. I don't know if surgery is a potential path of relief, but hopefully your doctors can do something to help you feel better.

I was prescribed this and a couple of other meds by the VA in advance of a sleep study. When I got there I asked and was told not to take it unless directed, because it is also used to treat restless leg syndrome. I was never told to take it, but they did not confiscate it either. When I got home, I introduced the leftover meds to mr. toilet bowl.