VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Is The Va Scheduling C&p For Increases Of Sc %

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey I have been to 3 C&P exams this week but not one of them are related to my current claims? It is hard to belive the VA would do anything to help me get the last 10% needed for 100%. My claim for A/A is going to bee moot until I get an answer on the current appeal for TDIU I just sent in my 3rd letter from my surgeon concerning my SC lumbar fusion. I have had an C&P exam for SC hypertension, Hearing Exam, and next week Nuerological exam for SC migraines. I am on oxyegen theraphy right now which has helped my trips to the ER but so far I have ran out of oxyegen twice and had to get the number of cylinders increased twice but I am glad that the oxyegen helps ease the migraines off but they still but me to bed for a day or two. Those things scare the hell out of me everytime I think here it goes I am bleeding out. the oxyegen has helped keeping some of them from going full balst since it does help but the migraines are SC to my hypertension which has been up here lately with my back pain was noted by the C&P examineir stated that a probable cause was increased pain level of my back.

I had hoped that my appointment with the civilian Surgeon would be before they finnish with my claims. My next appoinment is not till the middle of April I have a scheduled MRI with him but when you wan the VA to move with speed it drags when you do not want them to move fast they will fly a claim through. I think my fusion has changed since the operation in may I am reduced to being back on the walker again more and more with constant pain and back spasams that are now as bad as they were before the surgery. I had heard from others on the board that with fusions it is a hit or miss type procedure. I had high hopes since the operation was more than I thought it would be. Any Idea why they are checking my current medical claims? Itmakes me nervous my blodd pressure was 168/130 after 3 readings in each arm. I am so stressed out I also have a claim in for mood disorder listed as depression and they also listed P&T in the claims they are working on but I have not asked for a claim I hope they are seing the whole picture of all my problems any rational person should see with all my issues I am unemployable as the Surgeon has stated before during my recovery and now in writing after 3 failed surgeries. My back and blood pressure seems to be interwined but I am not a doctor I just happen to have both problems hypertension and a injured back while in USMC. Adios and have a good night.

Edited by oldman273

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

oldman273 - anytime you file another claim, or file for an increase in an existing claim, the VA has the right to review existing awards. This also can happen when you move and/or change VARO's. It sounds, to me, like they're trying to find a way to award you 100%, or TDIU. jmo

pr

Hey I have been to 3 C&P exams this week but not one of them are related to my current claims? It is hard to belive the VA would do anything to help me get the last 10% needed for 100%. My claim for A/A is going to bee moot until I get an answer on the current appeal for TDIU I just sent in my 3rd letter from my surgeon concerning my SC lumbar fusion. I have had an C&P exam for SC hypertension, Hearing Exam, and next week Nuerological exam for SC migraines. I am on oxyegen theraphy right now which has helped my trips to the ER but so far I have ran out of oxyegen twice and had to get the number of cylinders increased twice but I am glad that the oxyegen helps ease the migraines off but they still but me to bed for a day or two. Those things scare the hell out of me everytime I think here it goes I am bleeding out. the oxyegen has helped keeping some of them from going full balst since it does help but the migraines are SC to my hypertension which has been up here lately with my back pain was noted by the C&P examineir stated that a probable cause was increased pain level of my back.

I had hoped that my appointment with the civilian Surgeon would be before they finnish with my claims. My next appoinment is not till the middle of April I have a scheduled MRI with him but when you wan the VA to move with speed it drags when you do not want them to move fast they will fly a claim through. I think my fusion has changed since the operation in may I am reduced to being back on the walker again more and more with constant pain and back spasams that are now as bad as they were before the surgery. I had heard from others on the board that with fusions it is a hit or miss type procedure. I had high hopes since the operation was more than I thought it would be. Any Idea why they are checking my current medical claims? Itmakes me nervous my blodd pressure was 168/130 after 3 readings in each arm. I am so stressed out I also have a claim in for mood disorder listed as depression and they also listed P&T in the claims they are working on but I have not asked for a claim I hope they are seing the whole picture of all my problems any rational person should see with all my issues I am unemployable as the Surgeon has stated before during my recovery and now in writing after 3 failed surgeries. My back and blood pressure seems to be interwined but I am not a doctor I just happen to have both problems hypertension and a injured back while in USMC. Adios and have a good night.

A claim for A&A is a claim for increase in all SC'd conditions. This is undertaken whether or not you are already reviewing the maximum rating for those conditions.

A&A will be awarded on a factual basis or via 100+60 or under Bradley v. Peake (2008), and it requires all conditions relative to a finding of A&A be service connected. By what you've posted you have an excellent chance. If not already done have your doc complete a VAF 21-2680.

Your appeal for TDIU may or may not hold up the claims depending on the overall assigned evaluation following app appropriate C&P examinations. Remembers issues which you have not claimed as secondary will need to be specifically cited in order for VA to take jurisdiction on those issues and consider them service connected.

Edited by rakkwarrior

A claim for A&A is a claim for increase in all SC'd conditions. This is undertaken whether or not you are already reviewing the maximum rating for those conditions.

A&A will be awarded on a factual basis or via 100+60 or under Bradley v. Peake (2008), and it requires all conditions relative to a finding of A&A be service connected. By what you've posted you have an excellent chance. If not already done have your doc complete a VAF 21-2680.

Your appeal for TDIU may or may not hold up the claims depending on the overall assigned evaluation following app appropriate C&P examinations. Remembers issues which you have not claimed as secondary will need to be specifically cited in order for VA to take jurisdiction on those issues and consider them service connected.

Thanks so far I have been reading my C/P reports after all of these ratings and it is across the board the same. The A/A would help me but getting it I am not sure. I myself think I should have been putting in for this right after my surgery. Thanks for those replies I appriciate it. I had my Surgeon do the paperwork for the A/A and I had my wife file her statement in support also. The VA Rep who took my paperwork told me the Surgeons form for A/A should be all that is needed. Thanks again