VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mental Health C&p Exam

Rate this question

Stu Pidasso

Question

Hello everyone,

I have not been on here to post anything in a while, but I have been reading and learning. I had my physical C&P done today and my Mental Health exam done in February. While I was at the VA I figured I would go ahead and stop by the release of information office and get my C&P write up. I would appreciate any insight on what my rating may be, and any guess on when I may get my rating. I know none of us every really knows what the system is going to do, but a little peace of mind goes a long way. Thanks.

post-10064-0-56724700-1300756129_thumb.j

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

Stu,

I read your attached C&P letter and it is obvious that the doctor beleives you have severe PTSD. His 'More likely than Not occured due to Iraq service" comments gives you the benifit of doubt that the PTSD is service connected, thus the VA will be hard pressed to not accept this as a valid claim.

As to your rating that will be determined using all evidence the VA has, including this C&P and any military or civilian medical records it has. I would hazard a guess, using the VA rating tables (see this LINK) that you lie between the 30% and 70% range.

As to how long it will take? Could be as little as a few months. Could be many years. Really depends on your specific case, how many other issues you are claiming, wether mistakes are made on the claim (by you or the VA) and wether you have to file a NOD or appeal.

I wish you good tidings in resolving your issues so that you can properly function again. That has been my goal from day one with my depression. Has been a 10+ year battle, but I am gaining a little ground each day.

Take care.

Stu,

I believe this came from a MH professional which is good.

For clarification, regarding a post in this thread "the benefit of doubt" is

not for application in this situation or with the evidence shown in the post.

This progress note clearly shows a diagnosis of PTSD and a nexus that it

is the result of active duty service.

Here is a link to the schedule for rating MH disability's at the different

percentage levels.

These were not addressed very well in the Progress Note, in my opinion.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/julqtr/pdf/38cfr4.130.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you working and if nt how long since you were able to work. Do you get Social Security and if not working you should apply for it.

Good Luck

It appears that you have PTSD linked to your service by this C&P.

I have not worked since last March. I am currently in school trying to change my skill set so I can get a different job. I have some physical issues as well. My C&P exam was done for the physical stuff yesterday. It was discovered from an x-ray yesterday that I have arthritis in my spine. In my claim letter I mentioned a ruptured vertebrae in my cervical spine area. I was not aware of the arthritis. I hated to hear that. My mental health C&P exam was done by a psychologist. She works for the the VA. I did not think that she like me very much and she had me worried. I suppose I made her a bit nervous.

Are you working and if nt how long since you were able to work. Do you get Social Security and if not working you should apply for it.

Good Luck

It appears that you have PTSD linked to your service by this C&P.