VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange And All I See Is Red

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

:rolleyes: I received my Compensation package yesterday, and have been hoping I would be excited!:angry: But I'm just dam mad! For ALL the Vietnam Veterans that had died and not knowing about Agent Orange. It just want the government to tell all the veteran's that don't know. There's got to be away we can force VA to contact as many as they can. AS they say at (VA) in their letter to me WHAT WE DECIDED:

It took about 12 months to complete.

Prostate Cancer 100%

Cancer of the Lymph nodes 100%

DMII 20%

PN left leg 20%

PN right leg 20%

IHD 10%

Once you send in your first claim, be careful not to make another claim before you complete the first or it will sloooow down first claim.

The money is going to help fight the cancer, because the cancer is coming back and the medicine is not working. Here we go back to MD Anderson.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"I received my Compensation package yesterday, and have been hoping I would be excited!:angry: But I'm just dam mad! For ALL the Vietnam Veterans that had died and not knowing about Agent Orange. It just want the government to tell all the veteran's that don't know. There's got to be away we can force VA to contact as many as they can."

SP4RVN1971-I cannot begin to tell you how deeply I relate to and understand your anger.

I was angry after I got my last award letter too.Direct SC death due to AO.REALLY ANGRY

Anger doesn't even come close to what I still feel about this devastating weapon of mass destruction.

VA said they would seek and contact all past potential AO vets and widows but they didn't do that.

NVLSP told me I should have been on the Buffalo VARO AO list they are comparing to their AO list but I wasn't there.

I remain however on the Buffalo RO Sh-t list. :wacko:

I hope many out there take a good look at this:

Prostate Cancer 100%

Cancer of the Lymph nodes 100%

DMII 20%

PN left leg 20%

PN right leg 20%

IHD 10%

This is the documented evidence of what AO has done to you and many many vets here with similiar AO disabilities and it is a disgrace that it had to take a widow's case (Beverly Nehmer) to provide to all of you the comp you deserve.

Did the VA SC all of the above due to AO? and if so, did they make a finding of SMC?

My claims involve 3 100% SCs = 2 from AO and some Ks and A & A.(they are all SC granted under Section 1151 as well.)

NOTHING ever really compensates what AO veterans suffer from.

Were you granted P & T status?

John said:

"I talked to an older RVN vet today at the VAMC. He did not know his heart attack could be SC'ed"

I have seen this many times at the local VAMC.

Most of the docs there know full well if they are treating a potential AO vet.They usually NEVER advise the vet to file a claim.

One vet I had known for about 20 years excitedly told me a few years ago he just filed a claim for PTSD.

He had 2 PHs from WWII and had been an out patient there for decades and NO one ever told him to file a claim.

I certainly assumed he was getting comp already as I knew of the PHs, but he never even knew he could file claim yet he had years of PTSD treatment records.He was practically homeless when he filed the claim.

The VAMCs should post the new AO regs in their waiting rooms and make it mandatory for every incountry vet to be advised of them when they have an appointment.

The VAMCs should post the new AO regs in their waiting rooms and make it mandatory for every incountry vet to be advised of them when they have an appointment.

Berta,

Would it do any good if you were to contact the GC with the suggestion above ?

Once you send in your first claim, be careful not to make another claim before you complete the first or it will sloooow down first claim.

SP

Your statement above is so true, but I did not heed it. Been waiting for over a year, so what is another year or two :wacko: . I put in for Parkinsons recently, and should have waited for the other claims to be settled, but I was thinking about the effective date, and wanted to get my claim in. I forgot that the VA is unable to multi-task :biggrin: . Hope, Faith and Love will help you win your battle over cancer. Do Not Give UP. We will pray for you.

Papa

SP

Your statement above is so true, but I did not heed it. Been waiting for over a year, so what is another year or two :wacko: . I put in for Parkinsons recently, and should have waited for the other claims to be settled, but I was thinking about the effective date, and wanted to get my claim in. I forgot that the VA is unable to multi-task :biggrin: . Hope, Faith and Love will help you win your battle over cancer. Do Not Give UP. We will pray for you.

Papa

Me either, But that's no big thing. I'm filing for more as we email, and thank you for prayer's and send some to Cuchi!

I talked to an older RVN vet today at the VAMC. He did not know his heart attack could be SC'ed. His mouth dropped open when I told him. His doctor never told him and probably does not know. Everytime I go out there I find some RVN vet who is ignorant of AO. One guy had lung cancer and did not know. He is dying and does not know it can be connected to AO.

John999, I will have more time on my hands while they still work. Just joke. somehow we need to get the word out. The VA would not have to pay out half the money do if they would inform veteran's.

• HadIt.com Elder

SP

Papa

Actually Papa you did it right.

If you file a claim then wait for a decision for a year then file another claim waith for a year, what happens.

You have just wasted a full years worth of retroactive benefits. Anyone who tells you not to file until you get a claim decided is not aware of what is going on. These folks who do this must not like retro.

Basser