VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Moving Quickly

Rate this question

eddingtons

Question

I filed the form to ask for TDIU on Feb 4. I had a CP beginning of March and my claim already is in the decision phase. I did not submit a letter explaining how my 70% Bi-polar had worsened but it was stated in my form asking for increase. My wife submitted a letter explaining how our lives are effected. My VA psych dr submitted info that my condition had worsened and that I could not work. I submitted a couple of employment forms and requested others but I do not think they responded. They received the records from Social Security showing that I received SSDI for service connected disabilty.

I have no idea what the CP doctor put. She could have said I was worse or she could have said nothing derogatory but nothing helpful. The problem I am wondering is that it was difficult to show that my disabilty has gotten worse in the last year because I have been unable to work. I stopped working Dec 2009. I was first awarded Feb 2010.

They knew I was not working in Feb when I was first awarded but I had only been out of work 2 months. Will the fact that I have not had a job or even applied for work be enough to show that I have gotten worse.

I was in a partial hospital program at the time of CP in 2010 and have not had any further for Depression, however I was hospitalized in Oct 2010 for an ulcer because I stopped eating for a month and my meds ate a hole in my stomach. No direct evidence showing that meds caused it but I dont take ibuprofen so likely lithium etc caused it. I also lost 30 lbs during that month because I could not eat because of depression.

So in a round about way I guess I showed that my condition worsened. It is just difficult to list ABC reasons that I am worse than I was last year. I was rated at 70% and am probably still 70% but would like to receive 100% unemployment compensation since my disability prevents me from working. I have had 10 plus jobs in the last 10 years, everything from a computer helpdesk at Procter and Gamble to a ramp guy for an airline. I lost them all for memory issues to I hate to admit it but theft due to impulse issues. I did explain all this in my CP exam.

Should I ask for my CP exam at VA hospital or just wait for decision. Ultimately I guess the CP alone does not decide anything but I thought it meant a great deal??

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question