VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

0% Svc Connected For Ed, But No Mention Of Smc In Decision Letter-Normal?

Rate this topic

Is this normal? I was granted ED on appeal, with a 0% rating, but there is no mention of SMC in my rating decision. I posted it in general claims, not realizing there was an SMC subfora, so here is the link:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in another forum said that SMC is no longer granted automatically for ED unless its for a prostectomy. My ED is due to impingement (as least as likely, according to the wording) of the parasympathetic lumbar spinal nerves.

So,...do I submit a claim again?

CAS

I understand that. I was hoping for more than 1 person's opinion. I have submitted a 21-4138 and we'll see where that goes.

I told you what I thought you should do. My last comment on this.

pr

• 3 months later...

Brokensoldier244th, Have you heard anything, have you received your letter (We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION.) Call,Call, and keep calling!

I filed an appeal a month ago, with a pretty vitriolic letter. My DAV guy appealed by saying "This veteran appeals...." and that's it. I cited chapter and verse (and regs) that I was ED, service connected, and on medication for it, so therefore I shouldn't have to appeal something officially that, according to the reg, should have been inferred and granted as soon as I won my ED appeal.

CAS

Brokensoldier244th, Have you heard anything, have you received your letter (We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION.) Call,Call, and keep calling!