VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And Voc Rehab

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

I am currrently a voc rehab student. ( Online) I got SSD about 5 months ago so I applied for TDIU. Could I get TDIU based off of SSD? And could I still do the online schooling? And if not why not, just becuase I may not be able to physically work, my mind works, well somewhat anyway....:blink:

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know if I would volunteer information. I would not lie if asked about SSD or application for TDIU. Unless you are permanent and total I don't see why you can't get voc rehab. The way it works is that vets who get TDIU usually don't go back to work considering how bad off you have to be to get it. I have been on TDIU for almost ten years. When I got it I knew I would never be going back to work as I also had SSD.

I filed for TDIU and sent them a copy of my SSD letter stating I was approved and considerd disabled since my military discharge. I dont know what the outcome will be, but just like many others I have my fingerss crossed.:cool: