VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Proof

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

i am new to this ptsd stuff so bear with me..

i read that the v.a. MAY want proof of my claim about what i saw and did in country, 68-69 , i really am not sure i can get that proof? i have no idea where i was on the mekong river 43 years ago, and which date the firefights occured, when i did a v.c. in ,,,dates /? times? forget about it,

i have no contact with anyone i was in service with ,,many have died already, from what i read. should i worry about this part of my claim ? or will it pan out as the v.a. checks ? thanks..p.s. current staus for application is my psych,, says i have gaf 55, for ptsd, also heart ischemia, and high blood pressure, i feel like i am unraveling with this claim, i know what i feel, and some all my issues,, especially with avoidance, anger, vigilence, anger when someone sneaks up on me from behind, (my son did this and i alienated him from me, as i had an outburst of anger to him for this) man i am so sorry for that, and i apolgized to him but i dont think it helped. These are some things, plus thoughts of body bags,, anyways i wont go into detail here as many have been here also.,thanks for help.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Last year, I used the Texas Tech University web site cited earlier to learn about my unit activities in Viet Nam in 1970. After a short while, I was finally able to figure out how to do searchs and download the Command Chronologies for the 1st Marine Divison and my regiment (5th) and battalion (2/5). The Command Chronologies are a monthly summary of events and also include the daily Staff Journal. I was surprised the regiment staff journal on a number of occasions had more information about an incident than the battalion staff journal.

I assume the U.S. Army had similar monthly reports, but I don't know what the precise term is for them. I would suggest you start with your division, then work down to battalion/company level.

Good luck in your search for documentation.

I substantiated a specific rocket / mortar attack near Danang, and a downed Navy helo in the delta by searching on line.

Try a look at <http://www.mrfa.org> and lots of links there, maybe a reference to your stressor. There are other sites, too.

I was able to include photos of results of the rocket destruction in my stressor letter, and was service connected for PTSD with the information I found.

Good Luck, Roly