VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received A Copy Of My C&p

Rate this question

2vetsin1home

Question

I had my C&P on March 17, at the VA hosp. I went in and requested a copy and they sent the request to Muskogee. Got my C&P copy in the mail today. Here is what it says in the Diagnosis:

Axis I: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depressions, reccurrent, moderate

Axis II: V71.09 no diagnosis

Axis III: See Medical records for complete list. Neck Paind, joint pain, lower legs.

Axis IV: Lack of Social Support

Axis V: Global Assessment of functioning would be a 55.

Discussion: I present with PTSD Symptoms including persistent re-experiencing of traumatic event, efforts to avoid stimuli associated with trauma, and symptoms of arousal. My PTSD symptoms have been present and documented through the VA since 2006. I also present with a hustory of depression that is moderate to severe in nature and emarged at the same time has post-trauma symptoms. My claimed stressors are related to fear of in-service hostile military or terrorist activity. I report significant impairment, most notably home life; I do report some decreases in work efficientt as evidenced by not being able to concentrate or get a long with co-workers. I state, for example, at home I am too tired and i have to let my husband take over and I isolate and stay away from my children.

I should mention my husband receives 50% disability for PTSD and his GAF was 55 as well and he went to a QTC location instead of a VA hospital.

Do you guys think this looks good for me? It has taken me since 2007 to even get them to give me a C&P so this to me looks good, but I don't know....

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It looks good to me for a 30-50% rating since you still work. The thing is to get the rating so if you can't work at some time in the future you can apply for TDIU. The report says moderate impairment but a GAF of 55 is on the low end of moderate. You might get a 70% rating but this is guess work. I think you will get SC'ed which is most important.

My husband and I were thinking 30-50% as well. Yes the most important thing is the SC which I have been fighting since I started this all back in 2007... So with my 50% if I were to get the 50% for the PTSD, I would then be at 100%? Is that correct? or even if I got 30% I would be at 80%? I just think the validation for me was when it said it was due to service connection in the C&P. That made it finally sink in that they were listening to me.

No. 50% + 50% is not 100%, it is 75%, as they half the second amount. It is called VA Fuzzy Math!

There is a Service-Connection calculator on HadIt's Home Page, here it the link to it:

http://www.hadit.com/service_connected_disabilities_rating_calculator.php/

Edited by Bonzai

and it starts off with the most disabling condition then works its wawy down your disabilities? so would I put the PTSD first then the others since they aren't as bad as the PTSD? I am so lost. Here is my list of disabilities:

10% DJD

10% right shoulder strain

10% cervical strain

10% Left knee

10% Right knee

and whatever I get for PTSD - 30-50%