VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Know Which Office And Who Has My Va Claim?

Rate this question

Bkorea70

Question

I hear you guys always talking about which specific VA office has your claim. It sounds like some of you know the person who has your claim. The only thing I know is that I had a VSO help me file my claim to the Chicago, IL VARO. Since it has been filed I just keep getting letters saying the VA is still processing my claim. But I'm not sure how far along my claim is. How do I track down my claim and see who is working on it? When I call the 800 number, they just tell me my claim is still pending and that's it. I would like to be better informed on my claim status like it seems most of you are. Thanks!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The VA "Contact Us" section has a form to use to make an IRIS inquiry as to the status of your claim at

http://www.va.gov/

In the upper right hand corner of the last letter you received from VA- if there is a Re: notation- there might be initials in the numeric RO code and that is most likely the initials of the person who is working on your claim.

Have you received a VCAA letter yet and were you able to provide VA with what they requested?

• HadIt.com Elder

Every State and Territory have a VARO and large states have 2. You can ask your VSO or call 800 827 1000 and they can tell you.You should be at the Chicago VARO unless they farmed it out.

Good Luck

• In Memoriam

We do not know the person that has our claims. We can only go by what we are told hoping that they are telling the truth. Some time they don't tell the truth when it is in transition to another process.

Once it gets to the BVA there is a little more accountability as to where your claim is.