VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Georgia (Ga): Atlanta

I had been calling my case manager and leaving messages weekly since my last exam May 11th. Today I called QTC and spoke to a rep she told me my case had been transfered to someone else. When I talked to her she told me my results had been sent back on June 4th. She said it's all done electronically. Which really makes me wonder....what in the world could they possibly be doing that they are backlogged so bad

Hang in there - yours is an original claim - you will probably have a decision in 3 - 6 or 12 months.

Lots of VBA claims in the works.

VBA has been backlogged a few years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I go to the Columbus GA clinic to see my VA Doctor and to TUSKEGEE VA HOSPITAL for my eval and help. But all my paper work come from the Atlanta Office, and they are slow. The regional manager that I deal with seems to have heart when it comes to veterans. I really do hate that I have to deal with him and the RO in Atlanta.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, todaya is July 26,2012. Spoke with some one out of Atlanta,that is overseeing my claim( i guess) well, anyway she said that my claim should be process in thirty days. Said that if not give her a call.

Thats the same thing that Ms. R. said out of congressman Bishop office. I will see.

I told Ms. J. that I recieved a call from Congressman Bishop office that my claims should be decide within thirty days, and thats counting from the 13 July 2012. I will see. She talked like she was a little upset when I told her about the phone call that I recieved. So, she again assured me that it will be decided in thirty day.

I will see, and if not I will call her a gain.

REDDIT

Well, todaya is July 26,2012. Spoke with some one out of Atlanta,that is overseeing my claim( i guess) well, anyway she said that my claim should be process in thirty days. Said that if not give her a call.

Thats the same thing that Ms. R. said out of congressman Bishop office. I will see.

I told Ms. J. that I recieved a call from Congressman Bishop office that my claims should be decide within thirty days, and thats counting from the 13 July 2012. I will see. She talked like she was a little upset when I told her about the phone call that I recieved. So, she again assured me that it will be decided in thirty day.

I will see, and if not I will call her a gain.

REDDIT

At least they are in contact with you! Great job, and keep the faith.

• 9 months later...

UPDATES:

Parking: since the last post noted the Atlanta VAMC has added 3 parking decks. I know the police are out there but if you come to the RO and need to park just park and go through the 1st floor of the hospital to the RO and use the bridge that connects the two buildings. If you get there before 8am it shouldn't be an issue finding parking especially at the rear decks. I can't help with the RO as I'm stuck in MUD with that place as well. DAV not sure what to say about them the RO well still slow. Let's see what this new business with old claims produces.

God Bless and Good Luck

Edited by cham1968

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use