VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds By Mail - Va

Rate this topic

Pete posted this today so I am pinning it as a topic.

Hate to tell you all but your local pharmacy has nothing to do but fill new prescriptions.

The VA has centralized all the mails by med for better efficiency .

They have a new 800 number

(800) 983-0933 8am to 4;30 pm CST.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Update:

The mailperson mis delivered the mail. Even more important after sending meds in regular mail they are now identifying by asking for return delivery. I got xanax yesterday and now wondering where my hydrocodone is.A few months ago9 I got a Veteran who has same Doc as I do and live at houses from me at end of block.

The VA really needs to get a grip so that we know when the meds are coming and what day so we can look out for them.

They sent me my next prednisone for August last week and I received my Cancer meds today for next month. They have been pretty good about sending my med"s, but I stay on top of it by calling the 1-800 number and order the rest of the pills thru the internet

• 1 month later...

Pete, you can request a tracking number on your hydrocodone and then follow it as it goes through the mail. I am always informed of the exact day that mine will be delivered. It is usually late and I have to sweat it out unitl it shows up. I hate this meds through the mail business. They have also changed our travel pay to the mail and thirty days later I am still waiting to be paid. Maybe they are trying to help out the Post Office by spending God knows how much of the VA money mailing drugs and checks that can easily be picked up while you are there. It is frustrating but we have no choice. My morphine comes UPS and the day it is due, I don't dare leave the house because they give me a 12 hr window when they MIGHT show up.