VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nvlsp Common Va Errors For Increase

On 12 February, 2015 I was sent back for neuropsychological testing which ranges from severely impaired, moderately to severely impaired, mild impairment, low average to borderline, low average, average to low average and average. If I'm jumping around I apologize.

Z,

Please pick a forum that your question fall under, probably the Claims Benefits Research forum,

start a new topic with a title and post your info and questions there.

Thanks

• 10 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

I would like to add one additional error that V.A. makes.  There is a regulation that is NOW FOUND at 38 CFR 3.160 (e) which mentions reopened claims and explains those are claims reopened after a final disallowance.  (The regulation was found at a different regulation number in earlier years.)  There is another regulation found at 38 CFR 3.103 which states that a veteran must be notified of a decision at the latest address of record.  V.A. occasionally fails to notify a veteran of a decision at the latest address of record and then determines that a subsequent claim is a reopened claim despite the fact that the earlier decision never became final because of V.A.'s failure to notify the veteran of the earlier decision at the latest address of record.  V.A. also has a nasty habit of shredding or destroying some of the evidence in support of that earlier claim which could be used to establish an earlier effective date for a higher rating that the ones given in the earlier decision and the subsequent decision concerning the so called reopened claim.  

Edited by deltaj
typographical errors

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use