VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suboxone

Rate this topic

Does anyone have expierence with this drug? It's main purpose is for withdrawal of narcotics and pain meds, however is fairly new for pain management. The VA sent me to a fee based pain management clinic that prescribed me this drug. The VA then was reluctant to fill the prescriptiont due to it being used "off label" for my pain management. Also it supposedly will block any other narcotics and/or pain meds while you're on it disabling "break through" pain management. I believe it may be a mistake for me to use this med, but am willing to try anything for the pain. Any input or advice appreciated.

I've never heard of this med. Maybe I missed something. You say this med helps to ween off the withdrawals from the narc's and pain meds, but your willing to try anything for the pain. Scratching my head..lol

Coot

The other name for it is Buprenorphine or the real medicine, Suboxone it is a cheaper off label drug

Did I tell you VA or Goverment =CHEAPER

Look in the dictionary under cheap " It said VA Hospital or goverment in what they spend on their Veterans, except on bonus for personell"

The other name for it is Buprenorphine or the real medicine, Suboxone it is a cheaper off label drug

Did I tell you VA or Goverment =CHEAPER

Look in the dictionary under cheap " It said VA Hospital or goverment in what they spend on their Veterans, except on bonus for personell"

Is this also a pain med as well?

• HadIt.com Elder

Heroin was a treatment for morphine addiction.

Methadone is a treatment for heroin addiction.

Suboxone is a treatment for opiate addiction.

I would not take it unless I was willing to admit to all that I was an opiate addict.