VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Receiving My Compensation

Rate this question

DS_Wells

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You listened to, and believed, that part of your retirement briefing where they said you should receive an answer from the VA in a couple months, didn't you? laugh.png

My retirement date was 31DEC11 and I have yet to receive the formal decision letter. I called and all they said is that it is in its final stages. Wtf. When am I going to get paid?

Keep in mind, if you are retired, you follow the crdp guidelines. Another words if there is any retro- it is the same process I have wrote in another one of my posts.

The VA has no guide lines, nor can give any estimates or exact dates when this will happen. They do not care if and when it happens. When they get to it, you will be notified. Trust me, I and the members on this board have been dealing with this nonsense for years.

This a process where one must have lots of patience. I have quite a few hobbies to take my mind of this issue.

• HadIt.com Elder

D S Wells

Sorry I know that waiting for VA can be exasperating. You did not waste your time you had the opportunity to see how this works for other folks. Most wiondow for some sort of action are 60 to 120 days.

No one can really giove you any thing defonote.

Good Luck

​Sorry you feel this way DS, It's not that were trying to waste you time, it's just that we are asked this question more than you can imagine, and we just don't have the answer to that question. With the VA involved, you will never get a straight answer. It's a headache, especially if your hurting financially.

Coot

I'm glad someone thinks it's funny thanks for wasting my time