VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Army Lodging, Cape Henry & Carlisle Barracks

I have one relative left that I stay in touch with, and his kid is getting married soon. They live in Norfolk, VA.

I've booked us into the Cape Henry lodge/resort at Virginia Beach for the weekend of the wedding, and since we have a 14 hour drive down there we were looking for places to stop overnight.

Carlisle Barracks would be about half-way, give or take a hundred miles or so, and their website says they have transient lodging available (I know maybe not the day we will be passing through, so we have another hotel in mind if CB has no openings).

Has anyone stayed at either of these places? This will be our first stay in Army lodging, except for Edelweiss in Germany right after they opened up (gorgeous place, beautiful spot, lovely rooms, etc.)

Is there a thread or place here on Hadit where travelers review the MWR lodging they've used?

Thanks for any help.

I'm a nervous wreck. Traveling isn't so bad.... relatives, on the other hand, shudder! Luckily it's going to be a tiny wedding, at home with few guests. I don't want to go, but part of me feels like I need to really try to do this, and DH is all for a getaway, even if it is to a family thing. They know we're both ... different.

And if we feel freaked, we'll skip the wedding and just stare at the ocean for three days. Brother says he'll understand.

Anyway, if anyone tell me anything about either place, I'd appreciate it!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic