VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With C&p Results Regarding My Spine...

Rate this question

Quaymar

Question

I finally got a copy of my C&P exam and I am trying to interpret the results. I'm hoping to get some help understanding what I'm looking at so any and all feedback is appreciated. The ROM results are as follows;

Cervical Spine ROM

Flexion: 0 to 30 degrees.

Extension: 0 to 39 degrees.

Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 30 degrees.

Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 60 degrees.

Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 30 degrees.

Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 60 degrees.

Is there objective evidence of pain on active ROM? No.

Additional limitation with repetitive motion; Is there objective evidence of pain following repetitive motion? No. Are there additional limitations after three repetitions of range of motion? No.

Thoracolumbar Spine ROM

Flexion: 0 to 60 degrees.

Extension: 0 to 20 degrees.

Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 20 degrees.

Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 20 degrees.

Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 25 degrees.

Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 20 degrees.

Is there objective evidence of pain on active ROM? Yes.

Additional limitation with repetitive motion; Is there objective evidence of pain following repetitive motion? Yes. Are there additional limitations after three repetitions of range of motion? Yes.

What is the most important factor? Pain.

ROM After Repetitive Motion

Flexion: 0 to 55 degrees.

Extension: 0 to 25 degrees.

Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 15 degrees.

Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 5 degrees.

Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 20 degrees.

Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 5 degrees.

Time lost from work during last 12-month period: 8 weeks.

Cause: Con leave from back surgery.

I didn't type every last word, I just wrote what I think matters. If I missed something or you have a question, please ask.

The information regarding my cervical spine seems correct as I haven't had any issues with that part of my back until just recently. I'm getting epidural shots now and may need another surgery but that occurred after the C&P exam.

If I'm reading the Thoracolumbar part correct, it seems that I should get a rating of 20% based on the Flexion ROM of 55 degrees or would it be; "Unfavorable ankylosis of the entire thoracolumbar spine......50?" But, since I had spinal fusion of T7-T8, I should get 60% because I missed 8 weeks of work and the VASRD states; "With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least 6 weeks during the past 12 months ..... 60"

It seems quite confusing to me, I hope someone can clear things up for me...thanks.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I finally got a copy of my C&P exam and I am trying to interpret the results. I'm hoping to get some help understanding what I'm looking at so any and all feedback is appreciated. The ROM results are as follows;

Cervical Spine ROM

Flexion: 0 to 30 degrees.

Extension: 0 to 39 degrees.

Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 30 degrees.

Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 60 degrees.

Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 30 degrees.

Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 60 degrees.

Is there objective evidence of pain on active ROM? No.

Additional limitation with repetitive motion; Is there objective evidence of pain following repetitive motion? No. Are there additional limitations after three repetitions of range of motion? No.

Thoracolumbar Spine ROM

Flexion: 0 to 60 degrees.

Extension: 0 to 20 degrees.

Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 20 degrees.

Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 20 degrees.

Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 25 degrees.

Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 20 degrees.

Is there objective evidence of pain on active ROM? Yes.

Additional limitation with repetitive motion; Is there objective evidence of pain following repetitive motion? Yes. Are there additional limitations after three repetitions of range of motion? Yes.

What is the most important factor? Pain.

ROM After Repetitive Motion

Flexion: 0 to 55 degrees.

Extension: 0 to 25 degrees.

Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 15 degrees.

Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 5 degrees.

Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 20 degrees.

Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 5 degrees.

Time lost from work during last 12-month period: 8 weeks.

Cause: Con leave from back surgery.

I didn't type every last word, I just wrote what I think matters. If I missed something or you have a question, please ask.

The information regarding my cervical spine seems correct as I haven't had any issues with that part of my back until just recently. I'm getting epidural shots now and may need another surgery but that occurred after the C&P exam.

If I'm reading the Thoracolumbar part correct, it seems that I should get a rating of 20% based on the Flexion ROM of 55 degrees or would it be; "Unfavorable ankylosis of the entire thoracolumbar spine......50?" But, since I had spinal fusion of T7-T8, I should get 60% because I missed 8 weeks of work and the VASRD states; "With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least 6 weeks during the past 12 months ..... 60"

It seems quite confusing to me, I hope someone can clear things up for me...thanks.

What stands out to me is the Convalescent leave for 8 weeks.... which usually calls for a temporary 100% rate for a specific period then a lower rating based on ROM. But I see no basis for a 50 or 60% rating in these notes......

"What stands out to me is the Convalescent leave for 8 weeks.... which usually calls for a temporary 100% rate for a specific period then a lower rating based on ROM. But I see no basis for a 50 or 60% rating in these notes......"

He would not get this unless he gets SC. Then he could.

"What stands out to me is the Convalescent leave for 8 weeks.... which usually calls for a temporary 100% rate for a specific period then a lower rating based on ROM. But I see no basis for a 50 or 60% rating in these notes......"

Really? I thought that went without saying.......

What stands out to me is the Convalescent leave for 8 weeks.... which usually calls for a temporary 100% rate for a specific period then a lower rating based on ROM. But I see no basis for a 50 or 60% rating in these notes......

The definition is what makes me think con leave counts. I was unable to work and under the care of a doctor and therapist for over the 6 weeks that you need to get the 60% rating.

What is SC? Service connection? If so, then yes, I do have that for certain.

Edited by Quaymar

As an update...

I just had the last of a series of 3 bilateral epidural injections in my lower back due to lower back pain. If those don't work, I will be facing yet another surgery on my lower back this time. This would be in addition to the fusion I already had on my upper spine. I have missed another 7 days of work due to these injections as well.

If I should need the surgery, should I put it off until I get out or have it done while I am still on active duty?

Edited by Quaymar

If you are on active duty then you should get it done on active duty. I wouldn't trust the Va. on my back surgery, now that's just my opinion.

Rediit