VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

mclevela726

Question

Hello all,

I've been reading these forums for a awhile now, but hadn't posted until now. I was wondering if anyone may be able to help shed some light on what is going on with a few things I find confusing in my eBenefits account.

For the last couple of days I have watched my claim status go from the "Gathering of Evidence" phase onto where it is now in the "Preparation for Notification" phase, which isn't necessarily the confusing part. The part that's causing the confusion is in the contentions area where it states that I've contended the following: "radiculopathy, left lower extremity (New), radiculopathy, left upper extremity (New)." I am trying to find out why these contentions are being stated as "New" claims when I am already service-connected for them. They have my neck condition stated correctly (as "Increased"), but not these. Should I worry about this or do you feel it may be an error.

The other part that's causing confusion is in the AB4 letter where it states that, "The Department of Veterans Affairs records certify that you separated under honorable conditions from active duty military service and that you are in receipt of non-service-connected disability pension. This payment is made in accordance with public laws administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs." The problem is, is that I am not receiving a pension, have never received a pension, nor do I intend to receive a pension at this time because I've never filed claim for such. I am currently rated at 60% service-connected and work as a DA Civilian and was initially hired under a 10-point preference for service-connection. Why would this letter be there?

Might anyone have any suggestion as to what may be going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

ps I forgot to add that my AB8 letter says that "... is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs."

Edited by mclevela726

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Matthew, first of all, welcome to Hadit, or as I like to think of it, the Decorated, Battle-Worn, Tattered and Torn, Hole in the Wall Gang. I'll leave it up to one of the learned Elders or one of the other members to answer that question. I didn't retire from the USAF, so not sure what your AB4 letters means by that statement. I'm sure, however, that somebody will comment very shortly.

As for them listing conditions as "new claims", I'm not sure on that either. However, I can say that during my two years, and three months of waiting on my initial claim, that the VA has added a couple of "new claims" to my own list of conditions without me even listing them, and over time, even changed the names of them. I'm still in Gathering Evidence, so the coffee pot is still percolating.

Good luck on your claims, and thank you for your service to our great nation.

Mark

Thanks for the welcomes and replies. I think that what you all have said confirms my suspicions...eBenefits just isn't accurate! I hope what I had to say may have also been helpful and affirming to someone else in the same situation.

Thanks again,

Matthew

MC

I agree with Notorious Kelly Ebenefits is dependent on data input if it is updated correctly by the people inputing the data it well show correctly have however noticed improvements hopefully this is because of improvement with input field requirements prompting the workers to enter in correctly on their end. On the retirement portion would definately pursue that to make sure it is cleared up

Edited by ComputerGeek46

My AB4 letter was wrong also, it indicated I was receiving benefits for NSC pension.

I sent them an IRIS letting them know it was wrong.

They have sent me a AB4 letter in the mail with the correct information, that clearly stated I was rated 30% or above.

The one on EBenefits continues to be wrong.

Presently not shopping for a job, but if you are trying to get into the Federal workforce a correct AB4 letter is a useful thing.

Best regards,