VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Docket Number Assigned To Certified To Bva Claim(Still Pending)

Rate this question

add55p

Question

My claim was certifified to BVA for quite some time. On Friday morning the claim status in ebenefits returned to "SUBSTANTVE APPEAL VA FORM 9".

I called the VARO rep. and was told that a C&P exmanination was being scheduled. When I asked the VARO rep. why my claim was no longer certified in ebenefits, he did not know. I asked him if he could provide me the BVA docket number number for my claim and he said that it did not have a docket number.

My understanding is that once the claim is certified, a BVA docket number is assigned and it will be called to the BVA when the number reaches its turn.

The question that I have is as follows: If the claim is again denied after the C&P examine, will the VARO use my Sustantive Appeal date to secure my earlier place in line at BVA? Or will I have to submit a new VA for 9 after the new denial and have to receive a much later date in the BVA line

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Broncvet

Yes, I have all of the copies of what I sent in and have printed the Ebenefits page that shows when my claim status was "Certifed to BVA" as well as a printed copy of when they changed the status back to "Subtantive Appeal VA Form 9".

The claim was certified for at leat 10 months (three months after VA form 9)before it was changed back to Substantive Appeal status.

The thing that really concerns me is the fact that I do not have a docket number assigned after 13 months. Also, the fact that the BVA does not have any information in there system concerning my claim.

Thanks..

My understanding is that once the claim is certified, a BVA docket number is assigned and it will be called to the BVA when the number reaches its turn.

No, your RO can try to pull another "post-decision review" and sit on it. they could be the ones calling for the C&P. that might be good...