VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-Service Connected Pension

Rate this question

AFMedic09

Question

There is a new contention on e-benefits dated yesterday for Non-service connected pension. I make too much money to qualify for this, and I am only 40% rated. I have been waiting on a few deferred items to be decided on since the other rating in May 2012. I called Peggy today and they said I am Pending Decision. I have waited all day for the RO to call me back (they called 5 times yesterday, but I wasn't home). Does this mean they have not SC'd me for these conditions? If anyone has had any experience with this please advise. (You can also see my post on ebenefits forum which has specific wording of what ebenefits says they need.) I have done multiple searches for anyone who may have gone through something similar, but haven't found anyone.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Pension is just the VA covering their six. For most we can't get a pension unless we meet the requirement. Income being the largest disqualifer.

Thank you Pete. Still waiting for RO to call me back. 5 calls in one day and now nothing...

When I called Peggy they said they had my deferred items at the ratings stage. I'm not sure if this means they are saying they are non-service connected. One of them is prolapsed bladder, cyctocele/rectocele. I am already rate 20% SC for TVT bladder sling. So how can they say these are non-service connected? So many questions right now due to this new non-service connected pension contention now.

AFMedic09... Just curious... What criteria is needed for the 20% rating for the TVT. I also had that proceedure twice during active duty. But the VA rated me 0% on urinary incontenance only. However, the VA did make a mistake and has the TVT erroniously listed as DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which I do not have and which I denied at the C&P exam, so the actual TVT has never really been recognized as a contention.

Well that could be your problem....I would put in a claim for TVT. Let them know what if any issues this is causing you. (i.e. Pain with intercourse, bleeding, continued incontinence... etc) This is a surgery you have in your SMR, so you should have no problem verifying it. Good luck!!