VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva

Rate this question

vetswifeIndy

Question

Hello, I recently applied for ChampVA benefits. Can someone tell me about how long it takes to hear back from them?( I sure hope it doesn't take as long as getting a claim settled). ;)

Thanks so much,

Vetswife

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Me too am also wondering I did fax over the info for my dependents as well it has been a week so far

vetswifeIndy & ComputerGeek46-

When Rockman was notified that he was 100% P&T on 03/06/12, I filled out the Champva application

on 03/07/12 and had it mailed out on 03/08/12 with return receipt requested. I was told to mail the

application to the address in Denver. On 03/28/12 , Champva (SXC Health Services) sent out my prescription card. I am guessing it was a couple of days later when I received it. After that, I did get the Champva packet along with my insurance card.

Hopefully it will not take too long to get yours.

Celia, Mrs. Rockman

As long as this form has been filled out and sent to the address on the form

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-10d-fill.pdf

along with copies of anything else they request, (I had to send them copy of my husband's award letter that generated my CHAMPVA eligibility.

And you qualify under this statement on the application:

Page 2 of 3

Application for CHAMPVA Benefits – Important Notes and Definitions

Medicare Impact. If you are eligible or become eligible for Medicare Part A and you are under age 65, you MUST have Part B to be covered by CHAMPVA. Effective October 1, 2001, CHAMPVA benefits were extended to beneficiaries age 65 or older. If you are eligible for Medicare Part A and you are age 65 or older, you are required to have Part B to be covered by CHAMPVA if your 65th birthday was on or after June 5, 2001, or if you were already enrolled in Part B prior to June 5, 2001.”

then, I dont think this would take too long for CHAMPVA to send you your CHAMPVA card and the CHAMPVA booklet that holds a lot of important information.

CHAMPVA is wonderful. I forget how long it took me to get approved but it was nothing at all when compared to my VA claims.

I had 2 minor pharmacy problems, a few years ago and CHAMPVA SX or XS office fixed those problems immediately for me.

The problem was my pharmicist was really not familiar with CHAMPVA and how many meds they cover,generic and otherwise.

Thanks everyone for your reply..... Berta, that is the app I filled out.http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-10d-fill.pdf. Although I didn't send any other information, hope this doesn't prolong things.

It's been about 10 days since I mailed it in hopefully will hear something soon.

Thanks again, and thank everyone so much for your service!

Vetswife

VetwifeIndy, I got P&T 01/02/2012 and had ChampVA for my wife 02/01/2012 and you have to call them for your presciption card, and they were very nice to work with.

Remember you can go back to the date you or husband file for this conditions to get P&T and get all the co-pays for medical and medicine.

My Wife got a sweet check!!!

You have 6 months from the day you get your ChampVA to file for this. You can ask them how file for this!

God bless!