VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For All Ratings

Rate this question

devildog2061

Question

I have a DRO appeal in, now pending 2plus years for increase PTSD now rated at 30%, and IU. I had a C&P for increase - PTSD, in

July 2012. My question is, should'nt I have had a C&P for IU also, meaning all my SC disabilities ? I'm currently rated :

60 Skin

30 PTSD

10 Left Ankle

10 Tinitus

00 Both Ears

I might add that I was awarded SSD for a combination of PTSD (SC) and Back (NSC)...

Can they make a decision without given me a C&P for the rest of my disabilities ?,

especially if they have gotten worse....

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Your IU looks good to me if you are not working. If you have enough evidence in your c-file and your history of appointments and treatment they may not need to see you.

I have had 2 C&P's this year and was never informed or invited to either one.

2 years is mighty long for a PTSD decision. Do you use Ebenifits? sorry, bad joke. Slowlane

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I use ebenefits, and there has been absolutely no movement in over 2 years. I'm gonna wait 90 days post C&P for PTSD

increase, and if it's not decided, I'm contacting case management....Any thoughts ?

Did you file for IU? If so, I would think they can grant is without a C&P if the C&P examiner put down "more likely than not" or "at least like;u as not" that you cannot work. See if you can look at your C&P and check for those words. Your VSO can go to the patient advocate at the VAMC and ask him to look for those words. At least, they did for me.

If you have worked in the recent past and generated a 1099, that will not be helpful

"I have a DRO appeal in, now pending 2plus years for increase PTSD"

I know there are a lot of differing opinions but this is why I tried my best to get to BVA asap and declined DRO.

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I did file for IU...My Appeal is for increase of PTSD and IU, but that's just it ...They only gave me a C&P for increase PTSD.

An IU C&P should be given for every service connected disability you have. They suppose to re-examine you to see if any of your conditions

have gotten worse, better, or remains the same. I'm just afraid they may make a decision without giving me a C&P for IU, when I

know some of my conditions have gotten worse. I don't think it would be fair if I received a denial, without them examinig me and having to go to the BVA. I've already waited over 2 years for this DRO Appeal.

In the C&P for PTSD increase, the examiner did state that she feels my symptoms have increased in severity but does'nt give

her opinion on my being able to work or not....Would the DRO consider this C&P suffice for both PTSD and IU ?