VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits...... Is Confusing

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Well, Saturday I could not access ebenefits, so I figured something was going on because the site was to be down on Sunday not Saturday. And sure enough my claim went from Gathering of Evidence on Friday (the last time I could check it) to "Preparation for Notification" this evening. But........ I have two Estimated Claim Completion Dates: One on October 9, 2012 and the other in November...... so now I am really nervous. And more confused........ sigh....

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ebenefits hasn't jives with the 800# for about a week. I went from notification to gathering again and then stalled at prep for decision on ebennies even though Dav told me it was final. 800# told me that they sent something back to the rater for correction but decision was made.

Ebennies showed I was back in notification today.

I'm just being patient. The recent upgrade shorted the whole system.

Spoke to 800-Peggy and she told me that E-Peggy is WRONG in reporting Prep for Notification, the claim is still in Review of Evidence. It's now been a year and 2 months. Or at least 130-days the TDIU has been deferred. I asked for a E-Peggy technical support number and they gave me the customer service number, and of course, all they could tell me was that they reported on E-bennies what was reported to them. In summary, she told me nothing.

I did get a call the other day from some firm claiming that they were doing a survey on 800-Peggy and wanted me to rate my experience with customer service. The caller didn't know what he was in for because I took that opportunity to complain about 800-Peggy to the point where the guy was apologetic.

This whole claim process makes me so angry. They (whoever is running this show) should be ashamed at they way they conduct business. I guess they feel because their only customers are veterans that they can operated with impunity. For SHAME VA, for shame!!!

Right now ebenefits shows my claim status as "complete" but not "closed. And my benefits explorer shows 90%. What's gonna happen next..... Is anyone's guess.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, both "Peggy" and E-Benefits cannot be trusted to have the correct information.

At best, a skilled worker with access to all the data (in different databases and areas)

can only say what the computer programs have listed.

It's likely that things don't get updated until an RO somewhere in the VA universe gets a "tickle"

saying that something is required, or the RO wants to log work credit.

E-Benefits is still messed up it has shown prep for notification now for over three weeks for adependent claim to add my wife and no changes. This tells me it is completely unreliable if prep for notification is true it doesn't take three + weeks to finalize a claim for dependent pay unless I am wrong and any others out here have had this happen to them before.

My husband's claim has been in Prep for Notification since the Ebennies update on 9/23. I spoke with Peggy shortly thereafter and was told the claim was still in the development phase. At that point, I was really confused.

I called back yesterday to get an update and was told something different. Appartently, the Prep for Notification info is related to the Increase that was granted back in May, it does not pertain to the deferred issue.

So, following that logic, Ebennies is correct in that the notication letter for the increase was sent, therefore being in the Prep for Notification stage. Also following this logic, I can gather absolutely NO information about the deferred issue. So, no news is no news. Calling Peggy is a waste of time, over an hour on hold just for them to recite from a script and get you off the phone in under 2 minutes.

This update seems to be no good for those of us with deferred issues :(