VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Status Moved To "preparation For Decision" After 2 Years

Rate this question

BigCountryVet

Question

Well, just about at the point where I was about to let go and fall into another one of my deep depressions and have another manic episode or so it would've seemed, I went online and signed onto ePeggy and, fully expecting to see the same thing I've seen for almost two years ("gathering evidence", a.k.a. "gathering dust") I saw something completely different: the status was "Preparation For Decision" and in my letter generator the letter available for me to print out and prove to people how much disability percentage and payment I receive monthly was not available online. This has peaked my curiosity quite a bit. Along with reading all of yall's posts about your similar situations paired with some expected guidance my local VA rep advised me on recently this all seems to be coming together rather appropritely. Quite odd though being as the VA has never really given me anything but a bottle full of pills that make me high as a kite and years worth of empty promises. Please, brothers and sisters in arms, I would love love love yall's input. Anxiously awaiting! God Bless!!!

Sounds Like the ball is definately rolling for you hopefully will move to prep for notification and complete for asap keep the faith and thanks for you service

Then again I've also started checking other's stories out here on the forum and there seem to be a few stories developing with similar traits as far as the claim statuses advancing. What I'm wanting to know is how promising this new development is. If any of yall vets are in the same boat as me right now how long from the point of "preparation for decision" to "complete" does it typically take? I know times can vary widely depending on the VARO so anybody can feel free to chime in with their input. It would be much appreciated. I am from the Waco VARO, so if anybody else is from my area, too, I'd appreciate yall letting me know. Until then, keep your head up and God bless yall :)

It sounds promising, but ebenefits has had some sort of glitch after last Sunday's maintenance. As you stated, every claim is different. I filed my claim on 1/28/2011. It went to Preparation for decision on 12/14/2011 and stayed there until I contacted higher ups on 5/14/2012 and then it went to Pending decision approval on 5/16/2012 and Preparation for Notification on 5/22/2012. Envelope mailed from Houston on 5/29/2012 and rec'd on 5/31/2012. Retro and June's payment in the bank on 6/01/2012. Right now I am waiting on my 4 deferred contentions. After the ebenefits maintenance on 9/23/2012, my claim went from Gathering of Evidence to Preparation for Notification. I called the 1800# on Monday and found it to be bogus. If I were you, I would remain "cautiously" optimistic given Waco's track record. Too many variables as each claim is different to be specific. But Good Luck to You!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Wow, that's pretty awesome that you lit a fire under their butts like that back in May. Trust me, I know what you're going through when you have to do something like that. I had to pull some strings like that when getting some senior ranking officials' attention when it came to issues concerning my mental/physical abuse that led to my suicide attempt in the Army. As far as you contacting the "higher ups" as you called it concerning your claim that sat for several months untouched, who exactly are you referring to or what position/office do they hold? We may obviously be in same regions, so giving me a name might possibly render fruitless results. I'd appreciate greatly some information concerning which higher ups you contacted to get the ball rolling as quickly as you did because the more I communicate on the frivolity of my status change the more I am ready to start lighting some fires under people's butts again. I am so sick and freakin' tired of eviction notices, bill collectors and not being able to afford health care for the rest of my family because Eric Shinseki can't manage the Veteran Administration properly enough to take care of myself and my fellow veterans so we can sibside sufficiently.